Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD writin multispeed

• 04-01-2003 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

havin trouble copyin cd to cd
    my liteonit is 48x12x48x
    dunno what that means but i presume its good
    well im sick of havin to trrow away good cd-r's
    so can someone tell me whats goin on please

my hunch is that its the cd-r's themselves
    they're 1x-24x multi speed compatible
    and i was writing at the highest speed
    maybe thats it

just a little advise and kick in the right direction
    should get the ball rolling
    copyright protection?

thank you for ur time
    peace - cheez

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

If the cd you are copying from has any scratches or dirt on it the drive will have to read it a number of times before it is sure it has got the right data, this could cause a buffer underrun if you don't have one of them buffer underrun-proof (what's the proper name) drives.

To solve the problem use the copy to hard drive first option. It's part of the wizard on nero I think.

rob

edit: had a look, does have buffer under run protection ... try the copy to hd option anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Are you using two cd roms for the copy ( cd to cd )?? If so I've had a lot of problems in the past doing this, I find the easiest way is to use the Nero "copy CD" option, you use the burner for both cd's.
    I doubt it's the CD write speed because your software should pick up the speed of the cd r and adjust itself accordingly.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Your buring the cds at the speed there not able to take. Your drive is 48speed, and cds can only be burned at half that. When your burning the cds, slow down the drive to the speed that the disc is recommended at (or prehaps slighly higher :D, they'll always go higher)

.Jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

The drive is meant to have something called SMART-BURN which "automatically check(s) media quality and set(s) limit to burning speed ...". I can be turned off however, make sure you've not done that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

thanks u guys!
    u guys are the greatest!
    thats grand everythin ship shape,more power to ya(or somethin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah i was wondering my self about burning CD`s at higher speeds. I have the same drive as cheez and i only ever burn my 24x cds at 24x wondered if i could get 32x outs them. Any one done this and what kinda reliability would they be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If you're using Nero it does a speed test automatically before writing a CD. Just throw the CD in, select the highest speed your drive does and burn it.

Some newer versions of Nero tell you that the software is reducing the burn speed. Others just do it and say nothing (you'll know from the time anyway).

Advertisement