Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply.

• 05-01-2003 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

How do i upgrade the power supply in my computer??? I have 250w at the moment and i need to get a least 300w for my new 3d card, Is it hard to install and can it mess up the motherboard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

No bother. This is presuming you have a newish PC. In some older PCs and or Dell/Compaq machines the PSUs are differerent sizes. Came accross this a few times when upgrading old machines. Anyway aside from that open pc and diconnect all power supply conectors to motherboard,HDDs etc. Unscrew the four screws on the outside of the case that hold the PSU in place. Remove and connect new PSU and all power supply conectors. Easy peasy. P.S. Goverment health warning. Make sure PC is switched off and unplugged before you attempt to do this. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ACE OwNz J0oO!!

cheers

Advertisement