Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS plans to make you buy X-BOX

Options
  • 26-06-2000 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

By buying up all the PC games. Arrrgghh mad.gif

I heard MW4 and Freelancer are going to be X-Box exclusives. Oh yea and Links2000 rolleyes.gif

MW4 I'm not too worried about as they are Bills *****, but I waiting for freelancer as well. mad.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Well we shall boycott the X-box and force does *******s to release it on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Seems like Bill0rs is doing more harm than good for ppl that buy PC games, whats the story on Halo, that seems to be ****ing an awful lot of ppl off.

Halo is going to prolly be released early next year "so they haven't said yet". But who cares its going to be brill

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The story is for about 2 years Bungie (the makers of Halo) have said it's going to be released for the PC. Now that MS have taken that over they have said while they have full control over the decision they can't confirm they will release for PC or MAC.

However the general feeling is it will be released for the PC a long time after X-Box ships (so the PC version will be delayed by over a year) and chances for a MAC version are looking even slimmer.

So people are annoyed that in order to play the game they will more then likely have to buy X-box. Which thankfully a lot of people are just saying screw it.

Oh well, at least Tribes2 is still coming.

Originally posted by GREENHELL:
    Halo is going to prolly be released early next year "so they haven't said yet". But who cares its going to be brill

Halo was slated to release late this year. X-Box is not set to ship late next year and there is little or no chance of Halo shipping on any other platform before that. Add to the fact they will delay PC version release beyond the X-Box ship date to help offset X-Box sales.

If I was to take a guess I would say Mid 2002 for PC version of Halo.

• Advertisement

I disagree.

I disagree.

Go read the HALO sites.

Better yet go to the HALO site, and see down the bottom "Coming soon to MAC and PC"

Go download the Halo demo where Steve Jobs says "This game is being developed on the mac and should be released this year".

Now look puzzled why so many people would say "it's coming out soon" and now Bungie are saying "We haven't decieded what we are going to release on".

Now go to the X-Box site and look at the release date for the thing.

The rest is speculation, but the general feeling is MS is selling the X-BOX hard (the fact they gobbling up games companies seems to prove it). Now if I was selling the X-BOX I would not release a PC/MAC version of the game as well.

My only reasoning as to why I would release at the same time is to create a FUD that the PC/MAC version is way inferior to the X-BOX (regardless of specs, this would purely be for marketing reasons to make cash). So Joe PC gets the game for the PC, plays it thinks it's ok but the X-BOX looks better then they buy that. Please understand I am stating that it is not because the X-BOX is better (it may or may not be) it is because I programmed the PC/Mac version to be inferior.

So my guess is X-BOX is set to release late next year, and I would guess they would hold off HALO PC/Mac sales over christmas to make people buy X-BOX'es more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Microsoft are the beginning of the end. They will destroy this Industry (much like they did with the Operating Systems and Internet Browser industry) and move onto a new victim. There is no stopping them now.
    Right now , I think it is just about anyones guess when or how they are going to release Halo. Thats no bad thing for Microsoft or Bungie. Look at all the ****ing publicity the game is getting!!! There is no doubting , Microsoft. They know EXACTLY what they are doing. This is bad.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

Yet I disagree

Yet I disagree

You know it's very easy to say that. How about putting forward your argument to prove us wrong? I would be intrested to hear it.

• Advertisement

On a funnier note... rumour here is that Bill is trying to delay the trail until after the elections.

Apprantly he's dumping serious cash into Bush'es campaign fund so I guess they plan the goverment to get thier decision overturned or something.

God bless America.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

If they continue buying these games companies, MS could end up in the **** again.
    Thank God for Anti-Trust legislation. Especially, if they end up hurting the Mac.

Okay Halo was supposed to be released fairly soon but then it wasn't. The offical release that announced at the E3 I believe was for later in this year. But it was hinted that
    the game wouldn't make that date and would be pushed for early next year.
    Now if Halo is keep back to a release date on 2002 people arer going to lose interest and it is likely that some other inovative company with a brill game idea will steal all the hype being generated currently by Halo.
    In short Halo can't be released in 2 yrs time coz by that time people won't give a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

I disagree tongue.gif

indeed

Correct Greenhill. The E3 announcement was before the buyout. You have just said the exact same thing I did.

They could care less about PC.

Put it this way.

I have game H for the PC. (cost $50)
    I have game H for the X-BOX. (cost $300+$50)

Both at the same time. What do you think most is going to buy? What do you think MS cares about more?

I said the PC version will probably be 2002, X-Box version will be out with the X-Box not before. So Halos release is stuck because of X-Boxes release

On a side note, Bill0rs has been hassling konami. If that fu<ker buys out konami and ****s up the metal gear solid 2 release , i will personally hunt him down and cut out his tongue and stick it up his ass so he can better talk thru it.

Soz hobbes I'll actually read your post next time. But for now I shall rant.
    THOSE *******S are holding up the most revolutionary game sense Half Life.
    AAAHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

on a related topic:

how easy would it be to design an X-box emulator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

and how quickly would you be sued into oblivion for developing such a thing?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't worry too much, I'd say they have that all worked out. Probably blows your machine up.

IF X-box Emu : then PRINT 'this is naughty'
    EXEC 'complete destruction'

smile.gif

Advertisement