Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City V Liverpool

• 05-01-2003 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Half-time 0-0

Liverpool all over Citys defence but nothing to show, Neil Mellor
    started with Diouf and Smicer as a third striker, Mellor a little
    over-awed at first but improved as half went on, some good football from Smicer and Diao but some poor touches too. Solid
    work from the back four and keeper. Traore should'nt be allowed beyond the half-way line!

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Hopefully we can create something in the second half, we have had all the play this half but nothing to show for it. Mellor seems to be getting into the game more and more as the half went on, hopefully we can do the business in the second half :)

At least Traore and Carragher are getting forward anyway, it has been a long time since that happened....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Thanks for the heads up - just woke up, and Teletext is too painfully colourful to check right now :).

Liverpool 1 Manchester City 0

Danny Murphy penalty, no question of wether it was a penalty or not, clear handball by Foe.

And BBC has just gone on the blink...... :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is the picture/sound all buggered up or is it my cable?

Its not you, its a general fault all over the place but do not fear http://www1.mcfc.co.uk/commentary.asp get radio commentary here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Aye, listening online myself cos my TV's broke :(

Btw, why is it that most of the smaller Premier League clubs let you listen to the matches for free while the rich-bastids like Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal etc make you pay for it? Cheap gits.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Smaller? Man City are a MASSIVE club! :D
    It's about time they brought on another striker though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Relatively smaller ;]

Hurrah, a win!

Well it wasnt pretty but were into the next round. Played a lot better than we have managed to play in our past few games it was nice to see the backs getting up the wings for a change. We gave the ball away far to easily in the last 20 minutes. My biggest critiscism of Gerrard is the way he will go for the amazing pass when in the situation a simple ball would suffice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    My biggest critiscism of Gerrard is the way he will go for the amazing pass when in the situation a simple ball would suffice.

Hear, hear! Though he only did that twice or three times this game!

That was the hardest working Liverpool I've seen in while, I wish Diouf would stop running at the corner flags though...

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Worst game of football ever.....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Ah now I wouldnt call it the worst game of football ever.

Thought the pool were impressive for first 50 min. Maybe it was the goal but they started losing the ball in the middle of the field very easily. It was like the midfield had suddenly run out of steam.
    Even though the two wing backs attcked, I still want to see Houllier get to grips with playing 2 wingers consistantly. Smicer palyed well today but he aint up to much usually

Gerrard and Diao had a very good game together. Held the fort well. Pity we couldn't score from play especially that lob that Diouf missed. That would have been sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    My biggest critiscism of Gerrard is the way he will go for the amazing pass when in the situation a simple ball would suffice.

Agreed. He always seems to go for the killer pass. I still don't think he's back to full fitness yet and he should stick to the simple stuff. I think Mellor shows promise. Liverpool seem at odds on what to do when they get the ball into the box. They're trying to walk the ball into the net. Diouf is a total waste of 12 million. Problem is no one else would buy him now with his current form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Not the best game of football ever but, a win for liverpool

I'm happy

dum di dum di dum......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

amz: it was fa cup so liverpools no point streak is still on.

Disclaimer: by no point i mean low number of points before i get flamed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 eric_the_head

Lets be honest they were both crap teams. If Liverpool had met any half decent team, they'd be out. I wouldn't give Houllier any more money to waste. I'd keep it for the new manager in the summer. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

I love liverpool football club but watching the strikers feed of drips and drabs from the midfield and our consistent poor form points towards one thing, we need a new manager. a manager who can use all the skill that these players obviously have. what kind of manager didn't want to fit Robbie Fowler and Jari Litmannen, both ****ing great players, into his team.

I wasn't really won over by the whole 3 trophies in one season thing either. WC on penalties, FA Cup undeservedly in the last few minutes, and the Alaves match was a bit of a ****ing joke.

If this was the eighties he probably wouldn't have hung on to John Barnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Wasn't pretty but a win's a win I suppose.

BTW 66leccy that sig needs some cutting down...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60479

It's not very strict but that one is a bit long, thought it was a ne post.

Advertisement