Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nav auto protect winxp

• 05-01-2003 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

on one of my friends pc whenever he starts up just befor deciding what account to log into a popup menu opens saying nav auto protect unable to start symevent

anyone know how to get rid of this . im just installing a modem for him and this msg is starting to annoy me ... dosnt seem to bother him at all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

If it's a service that starts automatically it could be the username and password to start it are incorrect in the startup parameters.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

start rpc service and then norton service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

If he is using an older version of Nortons (2000/2001) and is using windows xp home then he needs the file sevinst.exe afaik (downloadable from symantec website) . The symevent screws up during its install on winxp systems as far as I can remember...

Advertisement