Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much have you painted?

• 05-01-2003 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Ok there was some talk about having 5000 points of one army and 3000 points of another. So i`ll start this little thread asking every one what you have painted and un painted.

I`ll kick it off telling ya what I have.

High elves 5000+ all painted, including my lovely dragon and Teclis the mage.

I have around 3000 points of lizzard men. All painted.
    I have all my skinks units all different colours. Including my now ledgandary Pink Skinks! ( every new kid that comes into GW blanchardstown hears about them. )

I also have about 2000 ( unconfirmed ) points of sisters of battle which it to be my enrty into the relm of 40K. But as yet i have still to paint any of them, one of those long finger projects.

SO what have you guys got?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I don't have much anymore :( Most of my l'il lads got lost when I was in college... what I have now is perhaps 1700 points of space wolves, about 1200 of which is painted, but I'm making good progress.

I'm also planning on making an IG army once the plastic cadians come out, around april I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Oh crap .... now I have to go and count it all for points :p

grrrrr

maybe I'll just post a few pics shortly.

Anyway ....

W40k:
    Space Wolves
    Eldar (Alaitoc)
    The beginning of an Imp.Guard Army (506th G.I.R. - Grav-chute Infantry Regiment - 101st Phantyne Skyborne Division)

Spot who's been watching Band of Brothers once too often :D

Epic40k:
    One BLOODY LARGE space-marine army along with 'Legio Metallica' Titan Legion support & Imp.Guard/Super-Heavy tank support
    (over 8000 pt)

Titan Support:
    1 Emperor Class
    2 Warlord Class
    1 Reaver Class
    2 Warhound Class

One BLOODY LARGE Eldar (Alaitoc) army complete with titan legion support
    (over 5000 pt)

Titan Support:
    1 Warlock Class
    3 Phantom Class
    2 Scout Classs

BattleFleet Gothic:
    Imperial Fleet - about 2000 pt
    Chaos Fleet - about 1500 pt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

6000 pt Imperial Guard Army, all but 20 Catachan Jungle fighters painted.
    5000 pt Epic 40k Imperial Guard army, all painted.
    25 member Necromunda Escher gang, painted.
    3000 pt Dark Elf army, mostly unpainted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Originally posted by Lemming
    Oh crap .... now I have to go and count it all for points :p

grrrrr

Well rough estimates will do lads.
    As you know points vary anyway for the same army depending what you give them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

wow donkey that's a lot of stuff...
    although I go to the gw in blanch a fair bit and I've never heard of any pink skinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well if are asking about the skinks you may hear about the Disco Troll. He's mine and full of glitter goodness, freaks out the lil workers at GW when ever they see him. Give you a really good physce edge when you opponent sees that go on the board.

Well the pink skinks only get mentioned to the noobs who go in there when they as questions like.... Do i have to paint them the colour on the box!

And BTW the lads in the workshop are all for people doing their own thing but are horrified by the prospect of that purplr disco troll. What were you thinking Thead ;p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    And BTW the lads in the workshop are all for people doing their own thing but are horrified by the prospect of that purplr disco troll. What were you thinking Thead ;p.

i was thinking that they are my Trolls and orcs and gobbos and i can paint them annny Damn way i want to :)

and the Disco Troll is glittering Turquise, i have a pruple one but thats not him :)

easy really you do yet guys saying but but they are not all the same. Honestly like Greenskins are gonna look the same all spit and polish like a of imperial pinkskins .

They are ment to wear armour and stuff that has been scavanged and nicked of a smaller orc. and all the mental colours as easily explained when you tell people just how much points you have in Magic mushrooms.

why have dull looking fanatics get them tear acrross the fleid of war in anything they want to die in ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Go Away.

I have too many different forces to count, mostly in bits boxes or still on sprues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Well rough estimates will do lads.
    As you know points vary anyway for the same army depending what you give them.

Space Wolves - about 3000 pt. all told.
    With about another 5000+ pts. odd in bits boxes and on sprues.

Eldar - about 2/3000 pt.

Imp.Guard - only about 1000 pt at this stage. It's not very big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

All my models and points tally are with an old system (whatever was in use 7 years ago), I've been told it would be worth alot more pointswise with te current rules so I'm not sure how the comparison will be.

5000 Ultramarines, all painted albeit poorly in comparison to the rest as they were my 1st and I lost interest in the army.

4000 Orks, about 3000 points work painted, I particularly liked my ZodGrod(gretchin herder guy) and kommandoes

6000 Chaos, about 3000 painted. These are the models I payed most attention to with Ahriman and Abbaddon. theres a couple of unpainted tanks in there as well, one of which I had planned on converting ala GWs Nurgle tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

12,000 points of Space Marines (its a big fu*ker of an army, i know :p)
    3,000 of Chaos, my fave army, I spent ages on my special chars, I have fabius bile, abbaddon, Kharn, Ahriman.
    2,000 of elder, including a fireprism, a falcon grav tank, 2 vipers, 8 grav cycles.
    2,000 or orks, including Ghazkull and a HEAVILY converted war bugger (it has rhino tracks and a roof etc, looks well, nice and orky :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

I got an Ultra-Marine Squad. Evil they are.

I got

2 tactical squads (10 Ultra-marines each)
    1 Scout Squad (5 Scouts 2 with Sniper-rifles + 1 Sergeant)
    1 Devastator Squad(1 Heavy Bolter, 1 lasconnon, 1 rocket launcher, 1 plasma connon and 1 Sergeant)
    1 Assault Squad (5 including 1 sergeant)
    1 Terminator Squad (5 Including 1 Sergeant)
    3 Landspeeders (1 is a Land Speeder Tornado)
    1 Whirlwind
    1 Razorback
    1 Rhino
    1 Bike Squad(3 bikes + attack Bike)
    1 Dreadnought
    Standard Bearer
    TechMarine
    Marneus Calgar
    Chief Librarian Tigarus
    Space Marine Apothecary

[edit]
    Space Marine Veteran Sergeant
    Space Marine Hero(Force Commander)
    [/Edit]

These are all my painted ones

Well Just thought I'd List my army for ya.

OK i have now painted 4 of my nuns with guns! No Idea what points they are worth though! But its a good start.

OK i have now painted 4 of my nuns with guns! No Idea what points they are worth though! But its a good start.

What nuns with guns.....umm thats sounds nice. bet they look nasty and mean. Only seen pics of Sisters of Battle. They look alright..

Must paint some more of my army when I get time but first I need more paint(DOH).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

got about 3/4000 points of chaos , id say ive only about 1000 points painted though :/ and badly .

my only good painted model is Huron Blackheart (how ghey they were to take out the best special character!)

well even if you dont have an army painted its never any hard to at least under coat them and then they are not too bad looking for playing porpouses. When some one plays with unpainted white metal it looks bad, and when some one plays with unpainted plastics..... now thats ` the unmentionable`... Sounds like a Sam Rami film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Just to clear this up...donkey, you know the manager of the workshop has never heard of your skinks...

Didiea isent the one who know`s of them ask John, or perhaps even trevor but its john who finds them funniest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've painted a fair amount of my eldar, not enough though.
    I have not yet counted my points under the "new" codex, but I'd estimate at around 1000-200 points painted?

I really have to get another suad of jetbikes and some more flyers, not to mention proper squads of aspect warriors.
    Twill cost me in the region of €200 to do that.

Any chance there's a bulk deal thing one can do?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by SyxPak
    I've painted a fair amount of my eldar, not enough though.
    I have not yet counted my points under the "new" codex, but I'd estimate at around 1000-200 points painted?

I really have to get another suad of jetbikes and some more flyers, not to mention proper squads of aspect warriors.
    Twill cost me in the region of €200 to do that.

Any chance there's a bulk deal thing one can do?

If you buy White Dwarf(its a magazine im sure u heard of it) there is always a codex of the new things(codexes, units and stuff)

You might find this helpfull or not

I was working on my sisters of battle last night and i had trouble putting together the serphins. These are models that are suposed to be taking off with their jet packs. A very unstable model and hard to get them even in to the bases with super glue alone. So i used some milli puti and made a rocky little base that now looks cool. The result is the models are now cemented to the base and it looks cool.

Any one else have trouble gatting models to balance or even trouble putting them together.

Skypax im not sure about this but you may be able to buy all that stuff you need mail order, you may be able to save some money that way.

Advertisement