Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woke up to dead 9210i Communicator

• 05-01-2003 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

This is the replacement model I got just before Christmas for the previous one that only lasted a month. Both inner and outer displays were black, tried taking out and replacing the battery, but to no avail. Finally tried charging it, which seemed to bring it back to life. The battery indicator had shown three bars when I went to bed, as it did when I took the charger off after a few moments to check.

So I'm happy it seems to be working again, but am starting to get a bit worried. Has anyone any idea of what might have caused this-battery?-software fault? The last thing I need is another two months without my new phone....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭okonski

I've had this before with Nokia - and is started with the 9000, not just the 9210. I was told it was a NiMh battery issue which was why the initial charge of 18+ hours was so important. Once it reaches full charge subsequently, there's not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

Some Club Nokia service points can flat-discharge your Communicator battery over the counter. Do that and you should have good service out of the battery. I use my Nokia 9210i to moblog.

Advertisement