Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maser of Orion II

Options
  • 21-06-2000 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Another oldie (1996/97). Got it cheap ($5) and the mac version.

Extremly addictive game. biggrin.gif Reminds me of a better version of planetarion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i bought it about 2 weeks ago for £4.99.
    true it is very addictive smile.gif

personally i prefere planetarion tho, might have something to do with playing in work smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If anyone else has got it... I'll give u a asswhuppin in Multiplayer. biggrin.gif

Just added the Tactical combat option, not bad either although the Anterians tend to kick me around easier. frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

thats cos they have some seriously advanced technology compared to the stuff you have at the start, the key here is to capture an Antaran ship as opposed to blowing it up, so you can nick the technology therein.

the Nanocompressor and/or the Quantum Detonator are well worth it, to name but a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    the Nanocompressor and/or the Quantum Detonator are well worth it, to name but a few.

thats just sooooo amusing at this time of nite in my state smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

what sorta state is that then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Adversary

I got that years ago and it's still on my HD. Birth of the Federation is supposed to be the sequel but it's pants.

I'd be up for multiplayer - it has a PBEM option right?

Assasins do it from behind.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I take it you all know that MOO3 is in development.

No?! eek.gif when? where? Got any more details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

gah, October 2001 is yonks away.

• Advertisement

HALO should be out around then as well. smile.gif

BOTF was originally going to be called MOO3. They changed the name to try to make money from the ST license and had to change the whole game for the "fans". Thank god they're going to do it right. eek.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah I had high hopes for BOTF. Utter crap, it was but not as bad as Star Wars Supremecy which, alas, I also bought.

I'm delighted that for a brief moment, I knew something that Hobbes didn't wink.gif

So.....ne1 up for PBEM??????

PBEM? Play by Email. It doesn't have that option.

Doom stars are fun biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

So what is best? Load the ship with as much of the latest weapon you can find or try to sqeeze on a higher quantity of older weapons with all the mods?

Alas, though, it's another stratedgy game where the CPU's only stratedgy is pure force of numbers. It's just too easy. frown.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Played MOO2 and enjoyed it alot. Perfered to be a generated race option, selecting the Warlord option attribute. Hope they give more
    emphasis on diplomacy in MOO3.

Advertisement