Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best year for Games in da Nineties

Options
  • 30-06-2000 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hey lo :7)

What do ye think was the best year for PC games in the Nineties? Personally I think it was '93 cos the Adventure games that were released Sam n Max, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and DOTT. X-Wing and the most important game of the RTS genre Dune 2. Also John Romero announced the iminent release of Daikatana(sorry couldn't resist)

Post replies fast

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Is Metal Slug 3 in the arcade at all?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

1991 - Capcom releases Street Fighter 2

What a game!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Being young as I am I can't really release a Prince of Persia but I'll take a quess
    1900+ what a games. Anyone wonder what inspired the likes of tomb raider and co....
    well there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Theres a metal slug 3 machine in ..... oh wait ,there isnt smile.gif
    Metal slug X was in qwerkies a while back , but they had the MVS settings on **** hard and you got 2 lives , which basically meant , if you got past level 2 , you were GOD

Harsh, wouldn't mind playing it MS1/2 deadly buzz smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Hey thats the year I was going to use frown.gif

erm 1990-1995 I think were fairly good years.Why because it was the good age of the adventure games, FPS were becoming the main stay of computer gaming and the net was beginning to grow.

Agreed...... the first half of the ninties was fresh and exciting and full of great new innovative games ...

Things started getting stale the last few years

1990 , SNK released the neo geo home system
    1992 , Metal slug is released and takes over the world , ammmm well maybe not your world , but my world smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

Just for anyone interested, Im pretty sure its Metal Slug 2 or 3 that they have down in Bray Bowling Alley, they have a couple of Neo Geo arcade machines there, and Im sure its that that I've seen down there.

Jamie www.irishplayer.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

What year was Zelda 3 released over here? Think it was '92. Well whatever, that was the best year for me smile.gif

BTW, think it's MS2 in Bray Nitro.

• Advertisement

MS3 is nowhere , i played the cart , and even then to get that you had to pre-order with SNK and pay them a small fortune as they only made enough copies to meet the demand. The same goes for the arcade machine , so if an arcade doesnt have ms3 , it wont be getting it frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

been a lot of good games, cant really pick any particular year.

whatever year Doom 2 was released, i guess, cos its still the momma of all games smile.gif

Advertisement