Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Budget Game Recommend-o-thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Unfortunately like all raven games jedi knight 2 is a bit crap.

Grim fandango had me pissing myself laughing.

Your a sap :P

Get back to studying. JK 2 is class. Retro doesnt like it cause it's not final fantasy...it isnt rated in Japan...and it doesnt have anything to do with Japan.

When you were playing it "this is fu<k1ng great"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

prolly get old championship manager games for about a fiver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Praetorian
    Your a sap :P

Get back to studying. JK 2 is class. Retro doesnt like it cause it's not final fantasy...it isnt rated in Japan...and it doesnt have anything to do with Japan.

When you were playing it "this is fu<k1ng great"
    :D
    rg prolly only played the first couple of levels, it sucks pretty bad up to the point where you get the lightsaber.
    imho it's the best quake 3 ta engine game out there.

g_saberrealisticcombat 1 and set sabercolor orange improve the game massively

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Saw Sim City 3000 uk edition in Tesco's for 17 yoyo's on a budget label. Didn't buy it cos I presumed Smyths would have it for cheaperness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by tman
    g_saberrealisticcombat 1

Mmmm dismemberments :D

Purple saber for me tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by tman

is dungeon seige out on budget???
    definitely going to buy that if i see it

It's not, and dont waste your time on it either, it's complete **** of the worst kind.
    If you want a good RPG, get Gothic.

Baldur's Gate
    Deus Ex
    Vampire: The Masquerade
    Planescape: Torment
    Starcraft
    Diablo2
    Gothic

All brilliant, fanastic games, if you can get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

From following the metal board, I am not surprised that ANgelwhore recomends a title called Gothic. However, I do have this game and like it. Little bit like an action version of morrowind, but far more linear.

I got it for 4.99 stg in Game, Newry. They also had it in one of the game stores in Dublin (can't remember which) for about 8 Euro shortly after christmas.

Have to say though, I did like Dungeon Siege, although it was definitely more Diablo than Baldurs gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Game have a buy 2 get a 3rd free offer on the Sold Out budget range at the moment.
    Got TOCA2, Commandos- Behind Enemy Lines and Might and Magic VII for €16.

one question though, is M&M VII any good? haven't installed it yet, read 2 reviews that said it was but the graphics are poo. which is annoying cause on the back of the box they look great, must be cut scenes or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

hmv have x-plane for €4.

now in my books the most realistic commercial flight sim with the whole earths scenery and about 30000 airports for less than the price of a pint is bloody good value.

another one i seen is ballistics a wipeout/extreme g rip of which is supposedely very very good is also being unloaded by them for €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Got them both. Ballistics is very good fun at that price. Fastest game I ever saw.

X-Plane is a flight sim freaks wet dream. Highly recomended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    prolly get old championship manager games for about a fiver...

saw Champo 2+3 fro €7.61 in the pc superstore in galway. and championship manager 99/00 for €10.

Cant go wrong! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

you might also recommend a place to buy falcon 4, seems to be selling for 30 stg on ebay and 55 on amazon!!!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

You can get falcon with B17 and gunship in a budget deal at the moment. I've seen it in a few places. But be warned you will need to print the manual and get the SP3 patches which are very big. Very complex game/sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Icewind dale II !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

these would be definate ones to get in my opinion

Homeworld
    Iwar2 : edge of chaos
    Red alert 2
    dues ex

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

It's not, and dont waste your time on it either, it's complete **** of the worst kind.
    Glad im not the only one who hated it. Deinately get both the Baldurs Gate games, they'l keep you occupied for 3months at least each, and then the expansion packs have a load of new stuff in them, probably my fave RPG ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

got warcraft 2 the other day, nearly finished all the standard levels, i'll be moving onto the expansion pack levels soon...

if you like rts' then i'd defo reccomend this, decent lifespan & some of the multiplayer maps are class (only played against the comp so far tho)
    If you want a good RPG, get Gothic.
    i've never really been into rpg's, diablo is the only one i own & i love that game. i found the demo of dungeon siege fairly entertaining, it's basicly diablo with nice 3d graphics & more outdoor environments

Advertisement