Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moderator for Games Workshop Forum

• 06-01-2003 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hey Dev,

We need a Mod 4 the Games Workshop Forum just to set some basic rules and stuff.

Will you see who would be suitable for this as I actually would like to have a decent discussion with people on this forum because I play warhammer 40K myself.

Thank man.

PS.

If ya want I can always do it but no need to appoint me for Mod if ya can find some-one else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

And runfree is at the closing of the finish line for the race that he always wanted... will...he...finish...first...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The lack of moderator shouldnt stop you posting. With two admins on that board regularly we'll be ok for a while without a mod.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

That will do me. You as a Tyranid collector and Regi as a Space Wolf collector should have some good discussions.

Aslong as I know its not gonna be messed up by a bunch of muppets :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

what, like Ork players? :)

/me puts his power sword forward for modship

Whats wrong with an Ork Player???

Syxpak me thinks DeVore and Regi are gonna be the 2 mods for the forum as they both are collectors too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I think the board should be muppet free anyway`s as warhammer players arent muppets anway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Originally posted by SyxPak
    what, like Ork players? :)

/me puts his power sword forward for modship

Oi ! Watch it you ! or else i'll call the power of the WAAAAAAAAGH
    on you . Orkz are not muppets. Daze you to tell a black orc he looks like Kermit. Think my black orc drummer could use a new skin.

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    I think the board should be muppet free anyway`s as warhammer players arent muppets anway.

Thats what im looking for anyway. Don't want any-one to ruin this forum. Sumthing I like and on all the other forums there are to many muppets about.

Lets keep this forum serious

Yeah, i say keep this forum serious but not too serious we can have some fun too amongst us players and collestors. I thnk that any one making threatening remarks in game context are ok as its is mearlly some throughing down the gauntlet for a game me thinks. But always be ready to put youre money where youre mouth is, or at least youre army :p

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    Yeah, i say keep this forum serious but not too serious we can have some fun too amongst us players and collestors. I thnk that any one making threatening remarks in game context are ok as its is mearlly some throughing down the gauntlet for a game me thinks. But always be ready to put youre money where youre mouth is, or at least youre army :p

I can agree with that anyway. Lets hope we can keep this forum clean and friendly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I have never met any serious collector/player who could be considered a muppet in my life so i dont think there will be a problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Thaed
    Orkz are not muppets.

hehehe ... And I quote:
    Mad Boyz
    While all Orks behave in a way that would mark them as insane in human society there are some whose eccentricities are extreme even by Ork standards. Other Orks are happy to tolerate their strange behaviour - all the more so because Madboyz stick together and if you antagonise one the chances are his mates will soon come and sort you out. In battle the Mad Boyz' unpredictable antics are impossible to control and they are often downright dangerous to all and sundry .......

...... Even the Mad Boyz don't really know what they're about to do until some inspired individual yells "Charge ..." or "Run forrit ladz!". ........

Rules bits .... In addition, whenever there is a chance the Mad Mob will do something potty a roll is made on the Mad Boy chart to show how they react ......... Who knows how Madboyz will react - the first hint of danger can send them scurrying from the battle like frightened rabbits or turn them into savage maniacs with the strength of ten, or (more likely) they will just do something completely bananas to the utter bewilderment of friend and foe........ etc.

I further quote (from the afore-mentioned Mad Boy chart)
    Dice Roll - 4
    A particularly morose mad Boy convinces the entire mov that they are dead. The Orks all lie down and play dead.

Dice Roll - 5
    Under the inexplicable conviction that all the pins have fallen from their grenades the Orks start passing their grenades about like hot potatoes until one is foresighted enough to throw the whole lot as far away as he can.

etc etc (up to Dice roll 12)

Bunch of muppets :D

Funny muppets though.

Quoted from "Space Marine" (aka Epic - 2nd ed.) rule book.

Well theads Orks are from fantasy but they are mad feckers. All that waggghhhh magic an all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Orks are cool, cant hit a barn yard from spitting distance, but damn their funny! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Damn right, Orks have always been the favourite of my armies. Both their funny mannerisms and how enjoyable they are to paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Yeah orks rule!! My grots are a constant sourse of amusement! to date they have accounted for the death of a phoenix lord and a ultramarine commander!!! Orangerooster knows of what i speak:D :D:D

i refuse to get caught up in what was an atempt by Lemming to
    Slander. My lil Greenskins have nothing to do with those inferior
    fungus spawn that are refered to in 40K as orcs.
    So there :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Ok, I just want to get one thing straight.

Warhammer 40,000 Greenskins = Orks or Space Orks (Gork 'n Mork, GorkaMorka etc.)

Warhammer Fantasy Greenskins = Orcs or Muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

to date they have accounted for the death of a phoenix lord and a ultramarine commander!!! Orangerooster knows of what i speak
    They died heroes deaths and you know it vertongetorix and Karandras died as great heroes!God how did it happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Ok, I just want to get one thing straight.

Warhammer 40,000 Greenskins = Orks or Space Orks (Gork 'n Mork, GorkaMorka etc.)

Warhammer Fantasy Greenskins = Orcs or Muppets.

SyxPak,

Thaed was talkign about Orcs

I was talkign about (space)Orks/Muppets

• Advertisement

Gork and Mork are the Orc gods.

As in the spells from whfb" Foot of Mork" and "Gork wants ya".

Advertisement