Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online light

• 06-01-2003 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Over Christmas, I've noticed that the "online" light on my Pace digibox comes on quite a bit, often for several minutes at a time. I'm FTV, no Sky sub ever, and I don't recall this particular light being on before. Anyone any idea as to what it might mean?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Yep, I get this too pace 2500 it just comes on ramdomly for up to a minute It's not dialing out as I checked the phone to see if I could hear it. I posted this here ages ago but but I got no reply so I guess nobody knows why it happens. It doesn't seem to cause any problems.

REd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

But mine is not connected to a phone. Seems odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

The Online light on the front of the box is what to watch. When that lights up, it means a signal has been recieved from Sky for the box to connect back to Sky via the phone line.

This is from DMC on the phone connection thread. It looks like I've found the answer to my original query, but more questions arise:

Why would Sky send a signal to an out of sub box or for that matter to any box in Ireland as I understand that the phone connection is not mandatory in Ireland? (I don't know if the previous owner used it or not). What happens at Sky HQ to all these unanswered messages? Should I panic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Well, not at all. The phone connection is only mandatory on new Irish subs and definately not on FTA boxes.

Like a nice female streaker, flash on! :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe all boxes are "asked" to ring Sky. Probably so many per time, depending on the boxes NDS number. AFAIK, the box will automatically hang up if you go to use the phone and will try again later. I wouldn't worry about it really

• Advertisement
Advertisement