Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does he speak in code? The Mirror thinks so!

Options
  • 06-01-2003 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Classic, one of the best front pages I've seen in a while......

1117935.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D I don't tend to expect a quick wit from tabloid front pages but thats pretty good!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by mike65
    :D I don't tend to expect a quick wit from tabloid front pages but thats pretty good!

Mike.

Well, thats because its not by the Mirror. An site had the exact same thing posted as a picture about 2-3 months ago. i cant find the original link though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Heh, first I saw of it was yesterday.... and The Guardian's Media Monkey has found the first incarnation of it....

"EXXON faces at the Mirror
    Talent borrows, genius works on the Daily Mirror's subs desk. Yesterday's front page was classic Piers Morgan: a slogan declaring war against Saddam Hussein, with key words such as shall, exonerate and mobilise replaced by the logos of oil companies including Shell, Exxon and Mobil. Excellent point, well made. But the point was made three years ago, by the Fifth Estate anarchist newspaper. Click here to see. However, there's no chance of the anarchists suing. They crossed out the copyright sign."

I saw it about two months ago, it was sent around to thousands at the time by e mail.
    Still very good though!
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

lol, very funny because it is true

Advertisement