Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App Request

Options
  • 06-01-2003 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was over in Amsterdam last week, and saw that alot of pubs over there had PC behind the bar with a jukebox system on the screen. At the top of the screen were different tabs (Rock, Pop, 60s etc.) and 2 playlists onscreen (the system seemed to be alternating and crossfading between playlists).

Does anyone know what this application is, or know where I can get something similar??

- Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

That sounds pretty intresting. Have you anymore details on this???

I never knew they had this stuff in pubs in Amsterdam. Im Dutch( living in TIpperary though) I went there last year and didn't notice this stuff.

Be cool if you can get an app for this though. if any-one finds it will they pm me with this. please

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

If I'm understanding you right, I think they have something similar in The Old Quarter in Limerick. Might be worth popping in there and asking them since you're from the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well I saw it in Durty Nellys (an Irish pub just off Dam square) and somewhere else (I think it was The Grasshopper?). Same program in both places.

I go to alot of parties and organise the music for a good few of them. Rather than burning a bunch of audio CDs, I'd love to stick a program like this on my laptop and set up a bunch of playlists.

I'll do some more googling and see what I can come up with.

- Dave.

Not the same app, but it looks like very similar functionality, and looks extremely promising.

http://www.virtuosa.com/

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Not sure if its the one your talking about but sounds like PCDJ Red. Not a bad program but you really need a good sound card and the extra bits and pieces to go with the software.

Worth a look if nothin else..

• Advertisement

Nice looking software, dawg. Not the one I saw in Amsterdam, but similar.

Extortionate pricing, though..... $200 is too much.

- Dave.

Actually they have cheaper versions that might be worth checking out..... thanks.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Yeah its a bit pricey. U can pick up a copy in PCWorld Blanchardstown for about 150 yoyos although it might be goin cheaper in the sales.

Dont know if the lower versions would b worth parting with your cash for, far as I know they limit the options a bit. If u fancy yourself as a bit of a net DJ then the red version is the one for you. It allows you to stream your mixes live over the net, or just hook up an audio capture device and convert em to mp3's.

-Dawg

Advertisement