Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Threads going off topic....

• 07-01-2003 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Why is it that when a thread goes even slightly off topic or a goes slightly beyond what the original post was about, a mod closes the thread. Sometimes its right in the middle of an interesting thread thats developing. The mods are fanatical about it here. Never seen it happen so often on any other forums or boards I've been on. It least not this often. Its like you are been interupted, a lot.

Comments

I haven't noticed it too much tbh.
    I suppose it's to encourage , the topic in question to have a thread of it's own, and not confuse,the issue at hand.
    The fact that closing/merging or otherwise happens is usually flagged anyhow in a rules for posting/charter sticky at the top of each forum,it's law and order;)
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I can't praise the moderatorship of these boards enough. It is a great feeling to know that a post you make or a question you ask will not be answered wih some stupid ponse trying to be funny in his own stupid little sense of immature, hmmm i think i'll get a window installed in this; my parents basement, when will i get an eyebrow on MY willy, humour.

All hail boards.ie and its cruel but ever so reassuring moderators.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Actually, I was thinking just lately, it's been the exact opposite. If anything (in my opinion) mods on some boards have been a bit too relaxed and let stuff continue that should have been nipped in the bud a long time before, if not even moved to more appropriate boards.

Must be just me :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I dunno but did anyone The Two Towers? That was an awful good movie. Did anyone else think it was good? My friend said he thought it was unrealistic but I think he's stupid.

Also I got drunk last night it was fun but I had a hangover today. Does anyone else like to get drunk but hate hangovers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by DapperGent
    I dunno but did anyone The Two Towers? That was an awful good movie. Did anyone else think it was good? My friend said he thought it was unrealistic but I think he's stupid.

Also I got drunk last night it was fun but I had a hangover today. Does anyone else like to get drunk but hate hangovers?

Well I'm all for discussions in the right places, but obviously posts ala "DapperGent" (thanks for the example BTW - lol) are obvious spam. I'm not talking about that kinda junk. I must be gone all soft from the other easy livin' forums I'm on. Obviously I'm on my own on this so I'll get my coat. The thread is likely to be closed sharpish anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I think it depends on the Board, and the moderator, but in general, i've found them giving the benifit of the doubt, on waffling threads, moreso than they used to.

I guess we might be reading different boards tho ...

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

tbh I think the mods are just doing there job. Stopping spam.
    Why do people have to come up with stupid little jokes in a serious discussion.

If you want to do this go to a community or a regional forum where you can discuss your matters. Make your own topic on it though don't just go interrupting a discussion just for the laugh.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement