Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best song phantom has introduced you to???

Options
  • 07-01-2003 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

mine has to be

dont i hold you by wheat

first heard on ph an age ago

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

the irony of it all by the streets...

probably not the best but its what i'm listening to now and thinking hhurts when you're this tired and i bought the album after hearing that song on phantom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i thank phantom for Brando
    <sniff> i miss thoughs crazy guys!

say you love me...
    7th of october...
    it's all good! i think i'll put some on now

aww thats some soothing Brando-y goodness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Take a picture - Filter ....I dunno what it is but I love that damn song ....in my head all day now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

There are sooo many. I can't really say a favourite song but Brando were the best band that I came across by listening to Phantom. And then from going to Brando gigs, I was very fortunately introduced to Johnny Pyro. Cheers Phantom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

abaddon incarnate on the metal show.dont know the song;was so blown away that i was in awe and on thr ground-recuperating-once the aural raping-which i loved-was done.
    anti christ death metal all the way.

the album is nadir;and it rules

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 THE BEGTETS

you are my joy, and when i heard melaton for the first time i was damn impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

jeff buckley-grace
    goldrush-take a leaf
    jaewan-rain (i found my tape containing that the other day...yay)
    dr millar-youre not paranoid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Anything from 'Creed' has enriched my life tenfold. By that i mean it gave me a mission in life; hunt them, skin them and then kill them...

(Ph)uck you!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 skylight

Mine would have to be Mogwai-
    bless those phantom boys for introducing me to my new favourite band! Also they gave me The Jimmy Cake !!!!!!
    Its good to here the drowner talking bout jaewan (I too have a secret stash of tapes yet to be dusted off!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

unfortunately, i might have to agree with mick, Wheat - Dont I Hold You.

A few bands were slowly inserted in my brain in a surgical manner, The Jimmy Cake for one. Ooh, and the very brilliant 66electric.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

sister dew -by- dEUS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

must say no disco introduced me to a load of stuff i love also... snow patrol even the frames i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Hewlett's Daughter - First heard it on Phantom beginning my love affair with a bunch of beardy men called Grandaddy! Yay Phantom (even if yis dont play them anymore!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

I reckon it's gotta be Turn - all of their stuff really but especially Beretta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭gilly

Brando...say you love me

Need i say more? i think not...

Kisses
    Gilly G-String

The Tycho Brahe.

It was one of those 'get out of bed and go directly into town to specifically buy that album' moments that i adore.

I thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I remember Paul Field sayin about the Icarus Line gig in Pod (yes the pod) was worth checking out. Think it was the most amazing gig for just a speculative look so to speak.
    Was completely and utterly hooked from then on. I know PHFM dont play them (understandable, i guess) but they sound to me like 'chopsuey' (S.O.A.D) etc sound like to the kids.

Songs heard on phantom initially,
    Turn - 'too much make up'
    Mundy - 'July'
    Some song by cyclefly that i have never been able to find out the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

The first time i heard Goddess on a highway by mercury rev was on phantom back in the way way way back and for that i am always in their debt...
    other mentions go to Husker du , low , and getting me to appreciate jeff buckley who i dismissed when i first heard him without act listening to his music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 madmanmoon

"midnight afternoon" by seprico
    I would love to know how someone in Savannah, GA (USA) could snag a copy of that cd.
    GREAT LOCAL BAND!!
    ya'll support em', I can't get there to pay the cover charge!!
    ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Jeff Buckly's Version of Halajuah has to have been my fav.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Originally posted by madmanmoon
    "midnight afternoon" by seprico
    I would love to know how someone in Savannah, GA (USA) could snag a copy of that cd.
    GREAT LOCAL BAND!!
    ya'll support em', I can't get there to pay the cover charge!!
    ;);)

PM me your addy and I will sedn you a copy .....unless the lads themselves wanna send you the original packaged version??

Anyway, Id be interested to hear what you say about the song "heathens" one of my favorite songs all time ever...and OI Phil, I dont care if it didnt come out right when you recorded it its amazing !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

1st - & cheesiest - song I ever heard on PhantomFM was "Hit Me Britney" or something by Exit 4. Highly camp & fun for all the family. Two thumbs up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Everything by Damien Rice. Even if it has grown into an obsession that borders on unhealthy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Seprico

Hey madmanmoon,

Cheers for the interest and kind words,

In the last 6 months I've been getting alot of mails form all over the place, from america, europe and ireland looking to get their hands the Midnight afternoon EP, so I've decided to do a very limited release of this, I was on to trend they gave me the price, so just for an official record of existence I'm getting 100 copys of this EP manufactured.

The only problem here is, its gonna cost a few squids to do, so I don't want to be left with 99 cd's (my mam will take one, I hope)
    so if there is interest I'll get this done ASAP.

Also:

If anyone wants to pre-order this mail me:

corduff@hotmail.com

Note: Don't us the email on the seprico website, any mails sent to that in the last year...I have'nt seen, and I will never see

also, Trev I'm supprised you like Heathens so much, its a ****e recording (too slow), but I do like good words, so cheers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

u guys introdudedmy to most of the music i listen to today. Before i listened to pop music(please dont hit me). i used to listen to crap radio stations like fm104 and98fm but you guys showed me the way. Cheers :D

That makes me feel all warm inside. Another victory for our way of life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 azrial

Polarbelly,
    Gotta agree with you on the Dont I Hold You by Wheat...what a song! I had Hope and Adams but someone stole it from me...low and behold I found it in a bargain bin in Georges Arcade this weekend for 1 Euro!

"so i stood at the station a plan and a pocket of poems.heroically tragic yielded and blind with obsession"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elaine

Turn-Another year
    Queens of the stone age- no- one knows.....just saw the video for it the other day for the first time. Damn i thought the lead singer was gonna be a babe!!!

Most of the stuff i listen to from when i started listening to phantom all those years ago. i love u guys lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Splatz

"Best Sunday Suit" by Speedman.

Hands down. It's a phenomenal song, those guys have so much talent it's not funny.

Every time I hear it I think of going out and having a good time, and being peaceful and quiet and happy all at the same time. Crazy.

Rock on lads.

• Advertisement

I like 'Lovelost' myself. And the lads are always reminded of that when i see them.

Advertisement