Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WIT/accommodation

• 07-01-2003 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Just wondering what's the story with student housing in town at the moment?
    I was a student in WIT(oh, the irony) till last year, and always remember people practically fighting over the lists of new rentals....suppose that explains why so many of us ended up in overpriced Kips (tm)

I have a room going a begging at the moment, which is my reason for asking...I'm finding it impossible to get anyone, as are several people I know with spare rooms. No one seems to be looking for anywhere.
    So the question is.... are there huge numbers commuting this year, or is there actually a glut of decent places on the market at last?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

not sure what the deal is with every one else but speaking for myself it's just too ****ing dear!!

this is my fourth year in waterford and since day one i have been getting the bus up and down every day from kilkenny!!

the bus is €30 a week and it brings me straight to the college!

were i to be living in waterford i would be shelling out at least €80 or €90 a week on rent and food!!

as the county council wont give me a grant (i heard a few people were refused grants this year maybe that has something to do with it) i have to work on a friday and saturday night in kilkenny!

and although i hate my job i get on well with those i work with and i get enough huors to pay for what i need it to!!

however i would rather be living down in waterford mainly on the grounds of being able to sleep in later in the mornings - especially of a friday!!

searrard is the one to ask he has both commuted and lived down here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I've got a room to rent also and there will be a few more rooms available in March as a lot of my class will be going on work placement then. I might also have a double room but that will be even harder to fill than the single. The rent is 260 per month and 240 each for the double. I'm aware that it's very expensive, the total monthly rent for 4 of us is 1000 but it is a really nice house in a good location. I managed to beat the landlord down from 1200 per month (pure charm:)) so we're getting a fairly good deal.
    This is my 4th year in WIT and this year rent has taken a big leap. I was paying £40 per week for a totally decent single room and this year that has gone to 65 euros. That's heading for Dublin prices which is getting ridiculous. Worse still is the campus accomodation, the prices are through the roof and rumours are that the accomodation isn't all that great!!!

Advertisement