Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audioslave?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

We'll wait a month or two, and see what happens, Dudley. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

no way are they a fad, they are a good band

So, what you're telling me is that they have to be crap to be a fad? I'm sure every girl out there who was into Take That would have told you that they were 'A Good Band' back then... Suppose they weren't a fad either then?

now correct if im wrong since my knowledge of pop isnt that good but werent Take That big for like at least 5 years?

a fad is something people like for like a month or so but in a year no one remembers. since take that were about for about 5 years and even rock fans remember them than they must not be a fad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Cheeky Girls = Fad
    Take That = Popular
    Audioslave = Soon to be legendary ;) (Tongue ---> Cheek)
    Led Zeppelin = Already there!

Fair enough this isn't really about who had the longest and most popular music career but it will be interesting to see how popular Audioslave will be in 6 months time.

• Advertisement

a band can be popular but not talked about though. when they make their next album everyone wil be talking about them again, or when they next release a single

Well, as far as I remember, from a little-sister... Take that weren't around for 5 years.

well it was tow anyway. didnt they have 2 or 3 xmas number 1's sure?

Well, either way, it's a moot point arguing over it.

I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Sterile Fish

i am fan of both bands, like them loads, was expecting great things, didnt get it, they are still good tho, on the audio slave!! morello rocks!! \,,/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

well spice girls were considered by alot as a fad, but they lasted over five years and had that awful girl power thing behind them.And we are still hearing about them and they "solo" attempts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

I'm a huge RATM fan, not such a big Soundgarden fan, but I still like them. Anyway, got this album, It's good, but listening straight through it the tracks tend to blend together a bit :P

Best song, IMHO : Show Me How To Live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by Seraphina
    i'll prolly get murdered for saying this, but i didn't like the constant barrage of political stuff. i dig their ideals and dedication behind it and all, but i just didn't want to hear about it in every single song.
    afaik, chris cornell only joined the band depending on one condition, that the songs would be free of political content.

political content or not, i really like this album. it *found* it's way somehow on my hard drive and didnt listen to it untill randommness of winamp showed me the light. my cousin almost immediately spotted the young cornell's voice because of its trademark sound. the rest is history :)

adnans

i agree, the whole politics thing was getting annoying

Advertisement