Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed - internship usa

• 07-01-2003 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

Hi, unfortanly I missed out on j1 visa to the states.
    But I have always wanted to go, I am thinking about getting a summer job there to see, what it will be like - as I want to emmigrate, but want to see if I like it before I completly change my life!!!

I've been told that I can get an internship(??) or working visa for 2/3 months, but I have to get a job before I go over.

does anyone know any decent websites/recuirters that could help me find a job??

I am looking for a job in IT, I have a 1.1 in C.A. in DCU (graduated in may) and will have 1+1/2 years prog exp come june.

any help greatly appricated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I looked in to this a few years ago. College students can get an internship visa for up to 18 months (the longer you want if for the more expensive.) You must have a job before you go over and it must be related to your course of study. I presume you have to get a form stamped/signed by your college to verify this.

Another thing is that you can't change jobs when you're on this visa, which is a bit of a balls.

I'm not sure if you'd be eligible for this since you graduated last May but you should call in to USIT and they can give you the relevant info on the Internship visa.

Advertisement