Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntable to PC?

Options
  • 07-01-2003 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to connect my turntable to my PC. The line level input to the soundcard is too low to use if I connet the turntable directly, and I don't want to lug my stereo amp upstairs and connect it into the computer. Can I use a phono preamp to boost the line level enough to work directly with the soundcard?

Ta.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What software are you using to listen/record when you connect it directly to the soundcard?
    reason or sound forge(can't remember which one) is probberly the best out there, you'll have to do some tweaking to get the volume right.. just play around

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I'm using soundforge, but I think the input is still too low...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Yes you can. A phono pre-amp is designed for exactly that- to increase the phono output to line levels. Rotel make an absolute little cracker. Richer Sounds were punting these out for next to nothing recently but I can't seem to find it on their website.....

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Thanks for the reply.

Richer Sounds have two on their site, both seem to be fairly inexpensive, though as you say I can't see a Rotel listed. So they may get a visit at the weekend...

Advertisement