Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leprecon 24

Options
  • 07-01-2003 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Howdy folks,

Leprecon 24 will be held in Goldsmith Hall, Trinity College Dublin on the 14th to 16th of February this year. The usual selection of Role playing, LARP, war board and card games will be available.

http://www.csc.tcd.ie/~gamers/leprecon

Looking forward to see you there

Dave
    (leprecon director)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

go on, run a NWN LAN. get a few people together to cook up a dungeon and have a full PVP or Party PVP stitch up..

maybe we could modify the script for a random dungeon to make it bigger and more trap filled :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

a NWN lan is going to be run at the darkside 5 lan which will be on the 25th of feb and in dublin you can find more about it at the lan thread :)

and yeah i'm hoping to be at both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Hmm...could have *sworn* the Gaelcon programme said Leprecon XIV. And here was me looking forward to time-travel!

<runs>

hey! I *forgot* to put the date on a Vaticon flyer about 50 aeons ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Misssster Colm Lundberg... I wasnt going to comment on the capabilities of your staff, nor the quality of the proofreading that went into this years published gaelcon material, but now it seems that it is the only course left to me :)

The mistake we made was trusting that the Gaelcon committee could do the job to not just to our standards, but to a fundamental standard required for any successful business venture. Naturally, we wont make such a similar mistake again. ;)

As for LAN stuff, we dont really have the right person to run TrinLAN this year nor do we have a venue that suits 24 hour gaming, though we still have plenty of the cabling, hubs etc required. If people are interested then we can see what can be done.

Dave

isn;t the same guy in charge of your production too? LOL

Besides, as I always say, a perfect programme flies in the face of God

• Advertisement

should have been more smilies in that post :)

We have Mick Fitzpatrick for our production, professional graphic designer extraordinaire! So good, it has been rumoured that Gaelcon this year have been looking for his services already!

We will have proper prosseedures in place of course to mkae sure that Galecon 20003 gets all the advertizing itneedstoo!

:eek: Dave :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

rent a local cyber cafe and charge for the tickets. Run seperate events on the LAN so you don't get people spending all day. People who supply their own copy of NWN (license key) get a discount :)

Just make sure they have a smoking area... and a beer room if at all possible.

I have a cafe that would like to do that. was thinking of doing it separately to the leprecon event though since its hard for me to be at two places at once. Competent volunteers are necessary.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I'm going to unsticky this thread as it's now over... A review written by someone who was there would be nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement