Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A real life C-64 in use

• 07-01-2003 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone living in Galway who wants to see a real live Commodore 64 in use, check out Suites Supreme furniture shop on the Tuam Road. It’s on the bottom floor near the stairs, built into a computer desk unit. It’s actually being used for stock. It’s black too ... I only remember them being a greyish colour, same as my Vic 20. Ohh, the memories.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

and is it wireless? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

LOL ... seriously though, it was being used for stock control in the place. I didn’t think it would be powerful enough to perform such an elaborate task!!! First time I saw one in about 15 years I’d say, and I have to admit, when I was playing Vice City on my bro’s PS2, the loading screen at the beginning was rather amusing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Black ! Are you sure it's not the Commodore 16 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Don't underestimate the mighty C64!!
    I've speech proggy for it :D

Quigs, I’m 99% certain it was a 64, although you have planted a slight doubt in my mind. I reckon if you paid an extra £100 it came in ‘hand-painted’ black. Oooooh. Technology.

Speech .... I'm impressed. I needed an MSX to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Didn't know they were an Antique Shop, there ya are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Not a Wireless related topic (afaik), so I'm moving this to the Technology forum. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I wonder if they'd sell it.... :)

must take a stroll out there tomorrow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Cool, I'll sell you mine, €3,000 or will trade for the latest PC going. it comes with a 1541 floppy drive, an Action Replay cartage, 50 games, Commadore Format covertapes 28-56, Flimbos quest cart. 3210 datasette, gay white joystick that came with it, cool joystick with microswitch technology! still in origonal box. any takers? :)

Okay, if there’s profiteering going on in this thread, then I’m going up to the attic to look for my old Commodore Vic 20, complete with data cassette player, games (Mosquito and Rockman are the only ones I can remember, the Rockman soundtrack was ‘Popcorn’ by Jean-Michel Jarre), Road Race (that was a cartridge that I robbed off the neighbour), and a black joystick that looks like something from a sex-shop but was actually from the Atari games console (the one with the red button on the top left corner). Any offers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

I have a c64 in the attic too, any offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Spacedog23
    Cool, I'll sell you mine, €3,000 or will trade for the latest PC going. it comes with a 1541 floppy drive, an Action Replay cartage, 50 games, Commadore Format covertapes 28-56, Flimbos quest cart. 3210 datasette, gay white joystick that came with it, cool joystick with microswitch technology! still in origonal box. any takers? :)

I'll give you €10, a bottle of Taurus cider, a ticket stuff to LOTR:TTT and a smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Deal ;)

Advertisement