Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scary

Options
  • 30-06-2000 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hey lo :7)

scariest game time. This is not just fer **** yer pants games also ones that disturb and get inside yer head and fu(c)k u up.

fer me System Shock 2 was da biz at two in the morning with 3d sound.

Resident Evil 2 also got inside my head I began seeing Zombies and ****.

Post-haste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

I heard some worms also got inside your head and are still there tongue.gif

hmm haven't played a scray game in ages
    /me thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Alien Vs Predator.

Those b@stids used to pop up out of no where and frighten the beJasus outa me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Silent Hill - a different type of scary, less brought on by shock horror, more just by being sinister and disturbing.

For shock horror, nothing beats AvP.

Silent Hill ?Actually thats a game I've never played. Unusual for me smile.gif

How good would you rate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Silent hill was disturbing, actual intentional use of fog smile.gif
    But it wasnt much of a game, got boring , had a gay camera that got stuff behind things , had the textures been sharp , this game probably woulda freaked me out big time.

Anyone whose played it will know the part at the beginning in the alley , fire lite , a dead twitching corpse nailed to the railings, blood everywhere, and then all of a sudden , freaky babys with scissors for hands come out of nowhere and start hacking at you, play that in the dark , gulp smile.gif

• Advertisement

Sounds like the auld lastability isn't in it, once the initial shock wears off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Without a shadow of a doubt AvP on Marine Single player. One of the only, no, the only game I've actually stopped playing at times because my heart rate had increased to dangerous levels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yeah, the game freaked me out. At times my heart-beat was louder than the pulse of the motion detector, walking down those dark silent corridors.. *shudder*.

But the scariest game I've ever played was actually the original Aliens WAD for Doom2, my god that was frightening!! smile.gif

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Anyone who has played Thief : the dark project will say that it has to be one of the most immersive games ever. If you enjoy sitting on the edge of your seat then I Highly recommend it.

Maybe not heart stoppingly scary, though it has its moments

I've recently played Half life and although I did enjoy it I think Thief was better.
    As soon as I upgrade my "puter" I'll get AVP and dive into Thief II : The Metal Age.

dyin ain't much of a livin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

For me it has to be Half-Life. Now before you all groan , you got to repsect the fact that if a game can still un-nerve/shock you after playing it through so much , it deserves some credit as a scary game.
    But even scarier then that was a game of Spin The Bottle in a caravan at Caherdaniel Beach. She had a face like a Water Buffalo and yes I still see her face every time I watch an Animal Documentary biggrin.gif

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

one of the scariest games ive played is............ Learning With Barney 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

Scariest I have played must be AvP aswell, or else any of the RE series, but maybe not Code Veronica as much.

Scariest gaming moment I must ever have had though must have to have been in RE when you hear dripping blood for the first time, it really got the adreneline pumping wondering what the hell was going to happen.

Jamie www.irishplayer.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Original RE when it first came out - playing in pitch dark at 3 a.m., not a sound other than my footsteps on the floor of the mansion. Then I open a door, the music goes mad and a fukinzombiejumpsoutatme!!!

A tip for anyone playing scary games alone at night - PUT YOUR FUPPIN PETS OUT!! It's not nice when your heart is racing and your mind is full of frightening thoughts and your eyes are making shapes out of the shadows and then the fu<king cat comes out of nowhere and jumps up on the keyboard/television. Needed to change my pants after that tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

overall Silent Hill. the res evil games have their moments, but the overall atmosphere isnt as good. as for the scariest moment in a game, i nearly had a heart attack in Blood 2 when i was just looking down at these creatures swimming in the water, when one jumped up and grabbed my face! smile.gif

(i hadnt read the manual at this point, it wasnt even me playing)

A

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Gotta agree with ThunderingMike. The amount of times I've beem edging down a corridor with about 5 health and you suddendly hear "It's Freeman." and "Take this" as a grenade comes at you. All of a sudden you're in a vicious firefight - firing non-stop, dodging like fup and generally ****ing yourself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Time to make this thread BURN!!!

For me, it's Half-Life on Single Player. I used to keep myself awake into the wee hours, go in and switch all the lights off and stick my heads in at daft volume levels and play. The lack of sleep combined with sensory focus on just the game was enough to send ya round the twist. I couldn't get to sleep one morning after a 4 hour monster session - I was spooked!

AvP is a very close second, but when I first got it, the sound was all fluffed on my PC, so I didn't play it too much. I must give it a bash alá the Half-Life games I used to have.

Also - my new has a PSX and I saw Silent Hill in the games collection - I must give it a blast at some stage.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

HL, wtf?
    What are you , man or mouse , this wasn't spooky ,scary or anything for that matter.
    You standard , wall blows up , chap runs out ****e.

AvP was alright , but it wasnt exactly spooky either, annoying in its difficulty and its gay netplay, i admit to being an AvP clan member , one of my lesser prestigeous achievements.

I honestly couldnt say any game has ever really scared the **** out of me , silent hill was disturbing thats about all, even then , it makes AvP and HL look like barney teaches spanish.

MGS-2 , scarily good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

SILENT HILL
    Not just disturbing but UNNERVING your not scared when you can see the baddies your scared when you cant.
    The heart beat thing crackles and a short staggering figureing figure emerges from the fog a knife clasped in its hand (mum dad can I sleep in your room tonight)
    scariest sceen well it has to be while fighting cybil you dont allways see it but if you run round the merry-go-round sometimes shes just sitting there on the horse and looks at you with and idle stare.

I just got here, how could I have sent out the them half cooken MCchicken sanwitches

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ah c'mon, there's not even a question here.

doomtpic.gif

It's *got* to be DoomII. I guess it was cos I was sitting upstairs at 3am, noone in the house, our nearest neighbour 300 yds up the road, then suddenly, from nowhere, the damn Demon moans from just behind! Gawddamn, that game rocks!

(get the demon moan sound from your wad with : this app.)

DrT, I didn't play the Alien WAD much (they wouldn't put it on some cover cds cos there was a licensing problem, whoever made the film b!tched at them)

Al.

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 12-07-2000).]

Advertisement