Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Voyager: Elite Forces Demo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hunter

This game rocks

Death to those who venture to close!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

jaysus 115megs frown.gif
    thank god for getright and surfnolimits....and weekends wink.gif

Snaga

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I keep getting the "URL not found" "No such file or folder" error , like whats going on ?

It's about a society in freefall....

I know youve sorted it phoenix, but for anyone else....

ftp://ftp.ngi.it/fileplanet/gamedemos/action/stv_eliteforcedemo.exe

only 7 hours 35 mins to go, lol

Snaga

[This message has been edited by Snaga (edited 08-07-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

<
    Only person in the world not looking forward to this game

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

You should be phasered!!!

Yea the cool Elite Force catchphrase thing on the magazine promotions is:
    "Set phasers to frag"
    HEHE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

You have to get this game, it works really well, Ravensoft are on to a winner with this one. smile.gif

hurry up and get downloading

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 08-07-2000).]

Cheers Monty

Well I am downloading the demo. I must see what everybody is going apesh!t about. There must be another reason after the fact that it is Star Trek...I hope.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Advertisement

Well got it downloaded this morning.
    This looks like itll be a great single player game, the npc characters are great.

Ill have to try multiplayer later, but im not sure how good thatll be, Ill have to wait and see the rest of the weapons and such.

Snaga

LOL , funny thing happened , well actually no , not too funny now that I think of it .
    My 115MB download was corrupted !
    Beautiful...

Raven are not in the great game business. They are in the fun game business (Soldier of Fortune , Heretic II etc). There are some very neat scripted sequences and the way you have control over situations is pretty cool. The Single Player game definately looks rather interesting. However all of Ravens games tend to have at least one big flaw. In ST:VEF it is the Mulitplayer. Which to be honest is daft and very similar to Quake 3 only more confusing. The engine for the game is the worst parts of the SoF engine and the best of the Quake 3 so as you might imagine it all looks quite odd but still very pretty. I knew people were only getting orgasmic about it because it was Star Trek and in fairness , the ST games of late have been cack so this was definately worth looking forward to. If you like Star Trek this is a definate get. If you do not , (like me) it is still quite an enjoyable game and (as with all Ravens games) is just about worth your 40 quid. Nice biggrin.gif Thats my 2 pence worth smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

D'oh! Have to wait until next weekend unless the server supports resuming. frown.gif

It does!

Snaga

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm impressed by the single player experience. I do however think that the anti-Borg weapon is a little convenient. I'd have liked to have started out having to run around avoiding the Borg as much as possible and not killing them (or aiming for the bits of stuff o the wal to make them stop moving).

anyway, I'm looking forward to it - should be a goodie!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Thundering mike is not alone, hehehhehe i do not wish to be borg-ered.
    I dont consider 115 megs a demo anyway , i consider it much more worth my while downloading the RC beta warezed which is probably the same size , so i can play it for 2 seconds , decide i was never going to like it anyway , and delete it. But at least i'll know i didnt waste my download on a demo , even if it was deleted smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

nnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg
    TO BE CONTINUED..........
    frown.gif
    nnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg

N

85% downloaded. Should 'a started an hour earlier frown.gif

And I wouldn't bother with warez. Every warez thing I've ever downloaded came with a free virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Ere , quiet like , someone finds out you get free games and free virus' and everyone will bloody want one!

• Advertisement

D'oh!!!! ***OGl error***

got the same thing with Quake3 so I guess I have to wait for the full thing - then wait for a patch! mad.gif

Advertisement