Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chaos army

• 07-01-2003 6:32pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine had to get rid of all his warhammer 40K stuff so I said I'd take it off his hands.

He had started on a Chaos Marine army and I'll be finishing it off.

At the moment there is:

1 conversion that acts as a chaos lord
    8 X terminators (all converted with the heads and tails of flesh hounds, rather cool)
    10ish Chaos marines
    10ish Khorne marines
    5 bikes (the riders are convered using the bodies from warhammer fantasy knights, again pretty cool looking)

I have availible to me (but unmade and unpainted):
    A trolly load of sprues to make up more Khorne Marines
    Kharne the Betrayer
    2 x Khorne champions
    A load more unmade bikes
    10 X imperial marines with the skeletons and stuff...Legion of the damned or something?
    An imperial marine comand squad
    a couple of metal chaos marines
    a couple of blood thristers (I think that's what they are called)

So, what should I add to the exsisting army first? I was thinking the legion of the damned could become chaos marines easily with the addition of chaos backpacks and shoulder pads. Same goes for some of the command squad. Is there anything in particular I should buy? I was thinking of either a dreadnaught or an old style rhino (I have the parts to make a predator with it). Are demons worth investing in? Should I round out the bloodthirsters?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Well you need a command squad anyway. get some more elites and perhaps paint ure bikes for better fast attack. Also get a heavy support squad.

im in a bit of a hurry so ill get back to ya.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

A heavy support squad as in Havocs or Oblitorators?
    I should have mentioned I have enough in the "ish" parts of the two marine squads to make a command squad of them.
    why more bikes? there are 5 already? Do you mean a bigger squad, or another squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i find a predator with autocannon and 2 heavy bolters is a damn useful heavy support choice usually pretty efficient for the cost too if you keep it hull down ( that is unless you need tank busting stuff , then i'd go for obliterators for pure flexibility )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

3 obliterators will be all the heavy support you will ever need, strongly recommend them. Maybe get a few Bloodletters, if you get a banner of chaos undevided you can get up nice and close with your khorne beserkers and give them a nice little help with 8 bloodletters :)
    Maybe a rhino to get a squad of Beserkers up close nice and early, can really hold up army's that rely on shooting (and chomp the cr*p out of Tau/imp's). With that you should have a pretty balanced army :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Originally posted by Draco
    A heavy support squad as in Havocs or Oblitorators?
    I should have mentioned I have enough in the "ish" parts of the two marine squads to make a command squad of them.
    why more bikes? there are 5 already? Do you mean a bigger squad, or another squad?

Sorry Draco, not to familiar with the chaos space marines.

but yea another bikesquad(with attack bike if possible)
    maybe a dreadnought(with missile launcher).

Also like pugsley said some transport. a rhino always comes in handy. If you cant shoot emm drive over emm :)

Thats it for me(i'll keep my big mouth shut:o )

• Advertisement
Advertisement