Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom SMS over landline, it was only a trial!

Options
  • 07-01-2003 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Acccording to this post Here the SMS capable DECT phones you spent all that money on will stop working as and from today.

It was only a trial it seems, didn't think so from the ads.

Bloody expensive DECT phones if they don't send/receive SMS, better dig them receipts up and geta refund.

I wannnnnnaaaa break frreeUUUHh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'd bring the phone back and demand a refund. I never saw anything in the ads saying it was a trial, has anyone else?

I did hear they were made to stop offering it because none of the other carriers were able to offer the service and eircom were seen as monopolising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

how typically eircom... nuff said

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

As far as I remember eircom have been forced to stop offering SMS via landlines by the ODTR (now comreg) as they have no wholesale SMS landline product to offer other licensed operators.

If this is the case, dont expect the return of landline SMS anytime soon. ADSL launch was delayed months and months due to wrangling over the wholesale product.

Advertisement