Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Long - RTE 9 O'Clock News Tonite - 07/01/03

Options
  • 07-01-2003 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

see subject

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

All I can say is...um...WOW. And...um....WTF?! Is it live or recorded today or what? I prolly won't see it, being in work an' all. Will someone keep a good avi copy of it for us poor ppl who can't see it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea, somebody please make a recording, I most likely won't be able to see it. And have it available tonight, if possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

oh wasn't he handsome

i liked the stock footage rte used, of people using the internet
    'i wish you a happy millenium'

class

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Bet Davids other hand was behind his back giving the one finger salute to the Eircom heads peeping out from behind the curtains in the eircom building!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 joec

waheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....nice to c our hidden agenda that we engage about on a pc monitor on the news eh ????????????????????????????????????
    dave didnt have much time but got his point across
    well done dave.......................................................
    thanks for giving ur time to the cause without peopel like u things like this wouldnt happen...........i take my hat off to u:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Heh, lookin well Dave! Well Done!.

Has anyone got it? I turn up the telly, signifying everyone else to shush, but of course, as soon as Dave comes on and starts talking, the guy beside me starts talking, "Do you think broadband is a good idea for Ireland?" :mad: Turns out, he hasn't a clue what broadband is but 'they have it in scandinavia' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

fair play to RTE the gave the bare facts no half truths mentioning errcom that they will be made to be brought in line with member states and that they will be required to make flat rate available middle year and the regulator had issued the decission and errcom was considering its response.
    However david did repeat the same fact pointing out that people will be able to go on line any time of day for as long as they wish without running up huge phone bills
    also rte also mentiion that this would act as a catalist to get more people on line (Which im sure errcom want to avoid!)

Its a bit like.. Naaa no one wants strawberrys theres no demand for them.. cus they charge €100 each...
    But bring the price down low enough to allow people to taste the strawberry then theres no stoping the demand.

Demand means more!!! (which also means more responsibilty on ercom to provide and reduce costs) something they just dont want!!!

They would argue... "but we only have a little baskett to carry and sell our 10 strawberrys a month and make €1000.. " but to be told by the market regulator they have to now sell at least 100 strawberrys if they want to be allow to earn €1000 (@€;10 each)
    Thats alot more strawberrys there gonna have to carry so there gonna need to provide a BIGGER! baskett :)

Roll on the flat rate internet revolution!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Even though I didn't get to see it and all, I thought I'd say congratulations ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Thanks guys. I did answer several questions on camera, however they picked the "what it means" answer for the clip.

The Indpendent and the Irish Times will both be running follow up articles on the ComReg decision tomorrow, its been a busy day for us today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

very good :D right in front of Eircons building, nice, very nice. Now Eircon, see where your "uneconomic" bullcrap gets u now! Congrats David :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

I can see what was meant by mildly ironic location.

€ircon's silence, in this case, says more than any half baked lie their PR people could spin together. They have consistently failed to engage in any dialogue be it on RTE, Pat Kenny or George Hook etc.

I will be very interested to see what their response to this will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Saw "ioffl on rte news after the break" in #boards.ie, but by the time I read it,they were on to the limerick manager callin his fans a bunch of effin animals...anybody get the avi of it? or will it be shown again today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Tizlox
    Saw "ioffl on rte news after the break" in #boards.ie, but by the time I read it,they were on to the limerick manager callin his fans a bunch of effin animals...anybody get the avi of it? or will it be shown again today?
    It will be available on the RTE site in realvideo format tomorrow. Currently only today's 1 o clock news is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have an 8mb AVI of it (Divx 4 codec required). Its roughly 2 minutes long. I will post a URL once it is finished uploading.

My poor 56k modem is taking such punishment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Well done Dave
    Big step for IrelandOFFLine I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Maj. TightAss

The subject says it all. Get it here.

[edit]I've taken this down to conserve bandwidth as most people who want it probably have already. If you don't have it, and do want, then PM me and I'll temporarily put it back up.[/edit]

Well done Dave!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Yup, nice job Dave. I left the pub in good time to catch it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

nicely done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

http://hyperion.sleepygeek.org/~munch/news.avi - 8.69mb Divx 4 AVI of tonight's news segment.

Divx4 codec available here: http://www.divx.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Krouc

6MINS on a 56k, 6cents for eircon. Hopefully this is the start of the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, well done David. It was short but sweet and to the point!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Heh, just as I finished downloading the DivX, the interview is played on News 2.

Nice work Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just saw the clip, well done. Is that the first time anyone from IOFFL has been on RTE Telly?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by mike65
    Just saw the clip, well done. Is that the first time anyone from IOFFL has been on RTE Telly

.. without the words "The Defendant" being used.

About time RTE woke the hell up and mentioned IrelandOffline.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

The clip is on the RTE website in RealPlayer format here

Well done Dave! It's quite an achievement to note that IOffL are the one and only party consulted within the piece.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Hey, thats great work guys, well done! ;)
    thanks for the link Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

/me removes hat and bows low to all involved in ioffl.
    Today is another stepping stone towards the final goal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

We can do it!!

Good stuff, lads :)

zynaps

Advertisement