Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to marry a lighthouse keeper

Options
  • 07-01-2003 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

can you take over grafton street by busking?

Like about 10 people up and down grafton street playing the same songs.

like those little kids.

hmmmmmm.

anyways my eyes are burning and i've just discovered my english teacher is the parole officer form clockwork orange.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Ha! Those little kids threatened me when i was busking last summer... *sniff* it still hurts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

hmmmm
    i'd love to do it....
    busk.
    but i can't sing.
    some misfits covers
    lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm not sure if the people of Dublin are quite ready for the Misfits quite yet maybe if you stick to your STEPS covers Raggamuffin you might have a better chance of impressing a passing "Ya" girl as she crosses the street from Bewleys after a cappuccino with the girls and goes for a spot of shopping in BT2. She might be captivated by the charm and musicianship you radiate. Then as your eyes meet and your distracted by the pink fluffy poncho and baby blue bandana you forget the intro and mess up completely beginning "5,6,7,8" in the wrong key! but unpreturbed by this little error the girl giggles and and comes over gives you 20cent and her phone number and walks off into the throngs of people. it could be the start of something beautiful.....

*sniff*

Or you could just go for the lighthouse keeper idea....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Wow!

And you thought i was stable!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Is the coast clear???

oh lighthouse keeper

Well if there's one thing i know about its the keeping of lights but in this case what with the impending doom that is hurricane "Girls Aloud" it is unclear as to whether or not the coast is in fact "clear as you put it.....

Many of us in the lighthouse keeping business would agree that to make a statement at such an early stage would be reckless and the results could be devestating should such an early assumption be made and proven to be incorrect.....

Met Eireann give a pretty comprehensive account of such things check out their website if you find all the technical terminology i use difficult to follow...... afterall their site is used by farmers.....

But for those of you who want the REAL facts stay tuned right here and i shall keep you posted!

Take Care
    Amz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i remember when i used to busk, me and that WITCH of a girl i used to call my friend. anyway. made a bit of money out of it. we were crap though. great singers. ****e on guitar. well i was anyway. those little hooligans stole my plectrum once. i remember them when they were *this* high (points to about 3 feet off the floor)

Ah yes WITCHES There's a bleedin coven of em round here that i used to go to school with!!!

steal my seat in the social area Will you!!!!!!!

witth practice this colourdy writing thingy gets easier hehehehe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Busking is very strange.

I went with Lamda and my friend suzi and some guy tried to steal her guitar...........then one day for our whole hour of singing a drunk danced around us.
    It was very scary!!!!!!!!!

and then we were told to move on by the gardai.

I recommend it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

when we were younger a couple of our friend s tried our hands at busking and it was so funny how depending on where you stood on the street and what you were playing the amount of cash varied soooo much...

we only did it a few times but the diff between outside hmv and outside mcdonalds was crazy, we made the same money in 15mins outside mcd's then we did in the hour and a half we did outside hmv trying to gain our confidence to go down the street

we had a great fun one day whne a friend of ours who was v pissed insisted on singing three times a lady to the tune of heavens door over and over...brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Originally posted by Amz
    witth practice this colourdy writing thingy gets easier hehehehe!

Oh Wow! Look at the colours!

Get a grip woman! Snap out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

hee hee

the worst is drunk old men that wont leave you alone. we got a particulary sad one one day, who told us his friend had been murdered by a chicken curry. it was painful trying to hold the laughter in till he went away. tried to play our guitar and all.

Oh Dear God Shorty!!!! What have you done?!!!!!

The bright colours are affecting my medication!!!! i cant seem to stop...............................

I hope you're proud of yourself young man!!!

Originally posted by rapture_queen

I went with Lamda and my friend suzi and some guy tried to steal her guitar...........then one day for our whole hour of singing a drunk danced around us.
    It was very scary!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha i forgot about that drunk man... he was a bit of a mover!!!:D

Does that mean he was gay?

In my experience no straight man is a good mover.....

*sigh*

looks like ill never dance the Tango de la Muerte!

YES YOU WILL AMZ!!!!! You too can be the nerdy book girl transformed into a latino dance goddess!!! My dream for you is that some day you will hear the magic words "You are now carrying my child - it is the mystery of the dance!!!!":D

Hmmmmm............ carrying your child eh????

That would be some mystery alright.........

Hmmm not MY child!! Ya crazy looper!!! The child of your latino sex god type person.....
    Hmmm maybe i should try to make myself a little clearer in future.....:confused:

• Advertisement

oh ok......... hehe

i was just trying to imagine explaining it to the grandparents and the awkward neighbours who always show up when these kinds of things happen.......

yeah latino sex god would be nice...........

or just a sex god in general...........

no blondes need apply however..........

(just to make that clear)

Yeh ya see you would just look weird with a blonde guy - yis would be like a visiting swedish couple... or something.
    Well i am just rambling tonight.. i think i should stop..

"Hi we're the Jonssssssonssssss from Stockholm"

hehe that would be amOOsing.......... for about two minutes then id probably resort to a violent outburst of some sort.........

teehehehehe!

Ugh!

sorry.......

OK i was thinkin about this.....

Would it really look that weird if i went out with a blonde guy?

I mean.... if he had kinda dirty blonde hair it wouldnt be as bad as if his hair was as blonde as mine......would it?

IF he was a lighthouse keeper it would be ok too wouldnt it?
    I mean coz thats the whole point of this thread isnt it?
    "I wanna marry a lighthouse keeper etc"

Ya know the way they have robots lookin after lighthouses in these modern times.....

well.....

can you marry a robot?
    Coz there was a guy in England tried to get married to his playstation 2 but the church he belonged to wouldnt allow him so he just changed his name to Playstation 2 he had also tried previously to adopt his games i mean as his kids like.....

True story!
    I swear to Bob!

Weeelll I think dirty blond would be fine... but your hair is SUPER Sweden type blond and frankly it would not be a good look on a guy, so therefore you would not want to go out with a guy with the same hair colour....
    Hmmm what is it about this thread that causes me to not make any sense??
    As for loghthouse keepers 2 reasons why i would not marry one
    1. my irrational fear of the sea
    2. Round the twist:D

Well round the twist was an australian lighthouse so that would have been upside down so i wouldnt pay any heed to it to be honest but getting back to my robot question has anybody got any thoughts on that?

Advertisement