Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerrard Hit With Violent Conduct Charge

• 07-01-2003 8:38pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has 14 days to appeal - deserves all he gets dirty little sh*T - could have broke his two legs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Not to mention crushing his genitals ;)

Gerrard pleaded innocence after the event but one way or the other its an extremely dangerous two-footed challenge and deserves some form of sanction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Bad challenge although 3 games is a bit steep (yes im biased).. . tbh Mr Bergkamps little stamp only recieved the player a fine when imho it was as bad an act as Gerrards as in both were reckless and could have caused injury. Then again its up to the FA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wonder if yop would be saying that if it was a Man u player? :)
    But to be honest it was a nasty tackle.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Probably not ! ;)

Nah feck it, a bad tackle is a bad tackle regardless of who does it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭bugler

Bergkamp's stamp was a brush of a feather compared to Gerrard's attempt to 'pull out' of the tackle with Naysmith(does he even care that not only is he perceived as dirty but also a blatant liar?), and anyway, fining players of their status is a joke. Oh no, please don't take away a small fraction of what they earn in a year whatever you do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

when i saw it i screamed for a red card and i still think he deserves all the fa throw at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

thats all he is

Originally posted by smackbunnybaby
    thats all he is

Ahh glad to see well thought out posts like these popping up :) so then smackbunnybaby hes a scouser so as a result hes a scumbag... your logic is mindblowing ! may I sign up to your newsletter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    Bad challenge although 3 games is a bit steep (yes im biased).. . tbh Mr Bergkamps little stamp only recieved the player a fine when imho it was as bad an act as Gerrards as in both were reckless and could have caused injury. Then again its up to the FA.

Its not his first time. He nearly took George Boatengs leg off at the knee last season.

Im well aware of that Darthmise, the lad is young and its unfortunate he gets these rushes of blood to his head but alas he has the makings of a great midfielder so lets hope this might make him calm down some of his tackles but not get rid of his thirst to get stuck in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

No doubt he is just a scumbag, and its great to see them throwing the rule book at him in a similar manner to the way they dealt with RK (if a little less harsh). Although the worst injuries do often result from players actually pulling out, I think the look in his eyes as he made the lunge leaves no doubt as to whether or not it was intentional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think Gerrard was being done for the Boateng chop as well...speaking of real thugs I see Bowyer has been banned for 6 matches in Europe by UEFA. And he's just formaly joined West Ham.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I think any player in the Premiership would have gotten 3 matches for that regardless of their team. It's just lucky that no serious damage was done.

Gerrard did have his knees slightly bent as he made impact but when you hit a player with that much force anything could happen. Naysmith was lucky that Gerrard hit him where he did. And impact with the Knees or lower legs could have been really bad.

Originally posted by mike65
    speaking of real thugs I see Bowyer has been banned for 6 matches in Europe by UEFA. And he's just formaly joined West Ham.

Mike.

Well he shouldnt have to worry about them then unless West Ham conjur up some magic.

Advertisement