Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N64 - worth a punt....

Options
  • 14-07-2000 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Just picked up a second hand N64 and 7 games for £130, Mario64, Pilotwings64, Waverace, Goldeneye, 1080snowboarding, MarioKart64 and Zelda.... (inc an extra controller)

Bargain for the price i reckon and i'm damn surprised at how well the graphics on most of these games has held up....

Having a blast getting into these, dunno how i let them slip past me at the time but it's cool to have a few mates over for multiplayer 007 or mariokart in front of the tv!

Can't believe how cheap this stuff is selling off now, will prob pick up an old Saturn next....

Just thought i'd post this.... dig out that old N64 and have a go.... u might be surprised!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

You should definately invest in Prefect Dark, man.

Theres some life in the little black console yet smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Thats an interesting point.

How much are 2nd had consoles going for these days?

Picking up a playstation, N64 or saturan with a few games for half nothing would be pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

It's unbelievable the price yopu can pick up some N64 games for nowadays.

Michael Owen's WLS is only £9.99 in GAME and it's a top soccer game. Then you can get classic like Blast Corps, Goldeneye and Mario for £14.99.

With such a strong catalogue of games, old and new, it's a pity the N64 never took off in this country.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Saturn , hahah the N64 might be over the hill , but it still has **** worth playing , the saturn , hehe , it was just plain old useless. I only ever played 2 good games and both were after it died and were imports from jap land.

I was offered one ages ago for 30 quid , its still in the same shop and i wouldnt spit on it , i'd rather spend 30 quid on a neo geo pocket game, i'd get more enjoyment out of it.
    Or drink more to the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Its sad the Nintendo never took off. But look to the future friends! A snippet from the press release about Nintendos new Star Cube (dolphin) Console :

"...It will take you to Nintendos virtual star road"

If you guys remember Star Road from Mario Cart , You will know how impressive it looked at the time. And it was also in MK 64 and F-Zero-X. This is terribly exciting for us Ninty fan boys biggrin.gif

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

F-Zero X £10 most places - you're fu<ked in the head if you don't get it, esp. at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

Nintendo's next-generation console looks good but Ireland is a country dominated by PlayStation at the minute.

Everyone's waiting for PlayStation2 while many people don't have a clue, or haven't even heard of, Dreamcast or N64.

It's about time both Sega and Nintendo stopped seeing Ireland as a backwater.

Just look at the new Dreamcast advertisements, they've got one for Britain, Germany, Spain, France and most other European nations, yet Ireland is ignored.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

That's probably just as well - judging from the current ads, the Irish version would probably involve Guinness, sheep, leprechauns and more Blarney than you could shake a shelaleigh at...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Sega never took an active interest in ireland , and anyone waiting for a ps2 might be better off , at best i'd say nintendo will have an uphill struggle trying to win ppl over as there will no doubt but too many ps2's in homes to add more consoles, specially for your bog standard kiddy whose parents buys stuff.

Advertisement