Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who Should Hakan Yakin Sign For?

• 08-01-2003 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool and Celtic both of whom saw Yakins skills up close, too close, are aparently interested in the foward. Where would he be better employed?

Mike.

Who Should Hakan Yakin Sign For? 8 votes

Liverppool
    0% 0 votes
    Celtic
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Whatever about Liverpool's style, he'd be insane to pick the SPL over the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

they so need some one with a brain in the midfield- no creativity , nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Unfortunately at the moment Liverpool haven't got any creativity in the midfield either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

why should he sign for anyone....

(read somewhere that he had signed a new contract with basel yesterday anyway..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

He should sign for Celtic. At least he might win something there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I reckon he should sign for whoever offers him the best deal!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'm sure he has a burning desire to win two of the most meaningless trinkets in football, the Scottish title and the Scottish Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

He should sign for 'Pool who should sell Biscan, Berger and Diomede to pay for him.

The trouble is they'll probably ruin him.

I'm sure he has a burning desire to win two of the most meaningless trinkets in football, the Scottish title and the Scottish Cup.

I am sure he would rather win those trophies then be a tenth defender on Luiverpools team. Besides he could add those medals to his meaningless Swiss League medal. Also at least he would get Champions League qualifying footall for Celtic next season if they win. At the minute Liverpool do not even look like a top four finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by thegills
    He should sign for 'Pool who should sell Biscan, Berger and Diomede to pay for him.

The trouble is they'll probably ruin him.

You can add the following players to that list of players Licerpool need to sell:

Smicer, Murphy and Diouf

• Advertisement

I think Liverpool fans are very tough on Danny Murphy. He has been the only one in a Liverpool Jersey trying to win games recently. I think you should be applauding him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I think Murphy has done a lot better than ppl give him credit for.
    He's got a wicked free kick as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Can't say enough good things about Murphy, he puts on the jersey every week and gives his all for the club. He has the highest percentage of succesful crosses and corners in the premiership. He can go past people, does the simple things well and does not stop running for the whole game. Wasn't too long ago that the Kop were booing him but he has silenced his critics with innumerate good performances and a couple of good goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Murphy is probably the most creative player for Liverpool recently. Not that that is saying much.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

AFAIK Juve have first option on him, if they don't own him already.

Advertisement