Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go get Serious Sam!

Options
  • 17-07-2000 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

Hankering for some old-skool courtyard-full-of-dozens-of-enemies-screaming-for-your-blood Doom/SmashTV action?

http://www.croteam.com

There's a test version out now (about 40MB), it looks beautiful and it's a hell of a lot of fun to play - with some hilarious enemies like the headless soldiers with bombs tied to their hands who run at you screaming!

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *BOOM*" hehe smile.gif

It's cool. No mulitplayer in this test version, and some of the weapon models need work but it's a great laugh.

Teeth.

screenshot20big.jpg

screenshot21big.jpg

screenshot22big.jpg

[This message has been edited by Dr_Teeth (edited 17-07-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Actually I am holding out for the Multiplayer Test Version which is out in a couple of months. I love these games like this which no one saw coming and they turn out ot be better then anyone expected smile.gif

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ooooh, looks very nice!

Downloading the test now.

45.8 megs! That's gonna take a whole 10 minutes! ah well, I'll have time for a coffee then smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Bah! It took me hours to download. frown.gif I've finished it on Normal, replaying it now on Hard. You should read some of the posts on their boards - people are using Werebulls to bash themselves up over walls and complete the test in like six and a half minutes (normal playing time 40 minutes. smile.gif)

Teeth.

[This message has been edited by Dr_Teeth (edited 18-07-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Well because of some problem with some Voodoo 3s it runs like pants on my comp and doesnt look half as nice frown.gif

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Doom was never this crazy. This game is mad. From the nutty ****ers running around with bombs for hands , to killing herds of genentically enhanced Bulls in a courtyard. Insane and it looks excellent. How they put you in a huge open area with 30 or so enemies without one bit of slow down is beyond me biggrin.gif Good stuff.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

werebulls excellent...
    bringing life back to the speedrunning clans then smile.gif

serious sam done quicker.. cool.

Advertisement