Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United V Blackburn

• 08-01-2003 1:11pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thought it was a great match, we missed too many chances but they had us well sussed, fair play.
    Thought ref made a few very poor decisions for both teams but they deserved the draw for sure. Make it interesting for the return.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I thought Blackburn were excellent, with no Duff and Dunn off injured early on, andf then Thompson too. I do think they play nice football, and I think Cole and Yorke still have plenty to offer as they have demonstrated in recent games. Thought Blackburn should have had a peno too. All in all United were lucky to get a draw but I still expect them to get through. Remember Blackburn did the hard part agianst Celtic getting a score draw away but could not finish them off at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Was a good match to watch. Plenty of action in and around the box and i think a draw was a fair reflection of the game.

Nistlebop shoulda put a those 2 chances away tho. I couldnt believe it when he missed :(

When's the 2nd leg being played?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Fair result, both teams had the winning of it but I think that Blackburn were the better team on the night. Will be an interesting return leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I think Blackburn were slightly better on the nite, but a draw was a fair result.

I hope Lucas Neill gets that joke of a yellow card recinded, or he's not available for the return match.

Its finely poised for the return leg, but i expect Rovers to win the tie.

As for the Celtic result, Blackburn have not played another game that bad (home or away) all season. Any team can have a bad nite, but that doewsnt mean they play like that all the time!

After all Rovers have hammered Newcastle, beaten United and the Gooners, and drawn with Liverpool in the league this season. Just a bit of inconsistancy is all that stands between Blackburn and a top 6 place.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

I'm a United fan, but I have to say that the game of the year so far was Newcastle vs Wolves. I am still getting over that game so my memories of the cackburn rovers game is a little cloudy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Should be an interesting second leg, I cant see Blackburn sitting back and defending with the away goal behind them as I think Souness knows that if they do this United will crucify them. Blackburn are far superior at attacking rather than defending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Referee Uriah Renee has (rightfully) rescinded Lucas Neills yellow card from the first leg so he is now available to play in the second leg in Ewood Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

RUDD VAN NISTELROOY! TRA LA LA LA LA LA
    RUDD VAN NISTELROOY! TRA LA LA LA LA LA la la la

Advertisement