Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble

• 08-01-2003 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Any Royal Rumble predictions anybody? I’m looking forward to see if there’s any suprise entrants this year. I’m guessing that they’ll bring in Nathan Jones and let him throw out around 6 people in a row-they already have video packages for his arrival, so the Rumble seems a good a place as any for a good debut. Looks like a decent card so far anyway.
    Any thoughts on a winner of the RR itself?

----SPOILERS---

THE CARD SO FAR

World Heavyweight Title Match
    Triple H vs. Scott Steiner

WWE Title Match
    Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit

Battle For A Royal Rumble Spot
    Brock Lesnar vs. The Big Show

30 Man Royal Rumble Match
    Confirmed : Batista, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Christian, and Brock Lesnar OR The Big Show. Smackdown will confirm it’s final paticipants on Thursday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Phelim 3:16

Has to be brock doesn`t it? Common sense booking dictates that he overcomes everything, including squashing big show, to set up the w-mania match with Kurt. I don`t see how they could do anything else. Maybe if Austin comes back, but I doubt it as he doesn`t need to win it. I hope the old `Taker comes back! RIP!

Phelim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kenner

Since when has sensible booking ever made a difference to the WWE? How many times was Billy Gunn pushed again?

Anyway, i say brock wins but i've a feeling that it'll be one of those stupid gets beat up and flukes a win by throwing show out things to keep Show strong for the match at No Way Out.

I see Austin returning at the following SD and expect a Rock-Austin match or maybe Goldberg or hogan if they can get them to agree to job.

Fair enough about the booking, but Brock is Heyman`s project and he won`t let them mess it up! And they`ve already started the momentum for Brock vs Kurt at Mania. Should be a great match.

i wonder who will win Steiner vs HHH. Common sense says probably Steiner, or maybe he gets screwed and they have a rematch at no Way Out. Funnily enough I am not too confident that common-sense booking will prevail in this situation! And I`m not even sure if these two guys will stay healthy for a rematch. I think it will be an atrocious match!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

Hunter will really have to on top of his game to make this at least watchable. Maybe the fact that Steiner hasn’t been in any in-ring action could help out, but I have a feeling the guy will blow up after 2 minutes. It doesn’t really help that HHH sucks ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

It'll be the night of Lesnar and Scott Steiner, methinks. Also, its hard to say where 'taker and Nathan Jones will come in - in the rumble perhaps? Or maybe 'taker will come in and batter HHH during his match? I think Lesnar beating the nuts off Big Show is a given though. WWE better not screw with the Wrestlemania match of Angle and Lesnar - that would be a disaster!!!

• Advertisement

I say HHH-Lesnar sucks balls but if taker comes back to Raw expect him to be very Anti HHH. He wasnt happy there which is one of the main reasons he went to SD and if Austin goes to SD they need him on Raw for Star power. I know that the promo's were all on SD but i expect it to be one of those Bischoff steal moves thingys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Lesnar and Angle to come thru,their storyline is already in place Angle will need afew weeks off do after royal rumble to repair his knee after that it'll be the angle lesnar show.

Whats this Nathan Jones character like - a friend of mine went to that wrestling thing in the point a few weeks back and said that he competed at that. He described him as a 'big aussie kunt' - is this a good description?

he's 6 10" and round 400lbs his supposedly the next big thing,time will tell.

Big guy, but still very F5able

• Advertisement

Just thought of something. I reckon the Angle/Lesnar match at 'mania will be a triple threat with either the Big Show or Benoit in it too. Angle and Lesnar have BIG ego's and I don't think that they'll accept being beaten by the other. Methinks another wrestler will be thrown in for good measure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

The Angle Benoit match is a work, a show stopper with one inevitable out come....

Let me Illaberate....

The Big Show will obviously loose to Lesner (if not, he will interfer in Show royal rumble entry and although not costing him the rumble, and Show will win, resulting in a Lesner/Show No.1 contender for the Wmania spot, in which Brock shall reign victorious, either way Lesner, tecnially wins the rumble).
    Angle will appear unstopable with Bad Blood between Show and Lesner, and Team angles interferences. Lesner will look like he cant compare to Angle...
    The WMania MEvt will be Angle/Lesner. Lesner will win to pick up the gold for the second time...

All WWE observers(not nessarly fans) will know that Wrestle Mania is the end of WWE's year, where all stories draw to a close and things change after wards.

*EXAMPLES*
    2001-2002
    Austin wins WMx7 holds the title for the most of the year through out all odds. Forms a partner ship with his enemy HHH, which results in them chasing the gold and the WMx8 main event spot

2002-present
    The day after WMx8 brock lesner appears and for weeks works his way up the cards, his opponenst are gradually getting heavier and skiled as he continues. Eventually wins the title, to show he is this years ''BIG THING'' and traverses through the politics that is the draft, but comes out on top, until betrayed buy his agent. Lesner now on his own must fase all adversities to once again become the champion.

So as you can see it is imperative that Lesner wins RR and the title at WM.

I think a tripple treat will be pants, and I think the LEsner/Brock thing is soild, both are the saving grase and future of the WWE IMO. So lets see if im right...
    Who agrees with me?

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senbotsu

I say STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN will return at the Rumble!

I say he is the odds on fave to return.

Lesner will win the Rumble
    Benoit will beat Angle

At Wrestlemania 19 it will be Lesner v Angle v Benoit for the Title.

-Senbotsu

Good call on Austin returning, i’d mark like a bitch to hear the glass break and see Austin throw about six people out, then get eliminated by Nathan Jones creating an INSTA-FUED! and making Jones look a threat.
    Is Rhyno expected back soon? It’d be cool to see him in the Rumble.
    I’m not the biggest Nathan Jones fan though, he’s just another Kane in my opinion-I hope he proves me wrong though.
    I’m really looking forward to this PPV though-more than any recent ones. I hope that Team Angle have a match with Edge or someone, those guys rule!

I dont think i'd say Jones is the next Kane. I think Kane is probably a better wrestler when he's motivated and doesnt have Taker telling him to just no sell everything. Thats something i always noticed with Kane. Look at his match with Albert for example.

Both Kane and Albert are Takers boys so Kane busted his ass and made albert look great. Kane carried him to what was IMO a *** match. I could use his match with angle but he could carry a pole to a **** match at this point.

Jones to me has a presence. I noticed it at the WWA show. He improved a lot since the last time they were over here and while i still think he sucks in the ring he has that aura that Taker had and Show had when he was the giant. I dont think a fued with Austin would be good for him though. Austin will want to go up against an established wrestler, i'm thinking it'll be benoit and i for one would be thrilled with that outcome.

As for Rhyno i cant wait to see him back. I'm thinking he's gonna end up with Heyman and probably put a major hit on the Big Show leading to Show heading off our TV's for a while which makes Kenner a happy camper.

Apparently Jones` character is going to be that of a meglamaiac ex-con, sort of like the Joker or the Penguin from Batman. The sort of really smart criminal that stays one step ahead of everyone else. Sounds like a great character to me! I think they are going for what they originally had envisioned for Foley`s Mankind character. Having said that, Jones loked alot less than great on the WWA tour.

I don`t think that Angle and Lesnar`s egos are too big to do the job to each other. they are both smart guys and realise that this is a busines. Its not Hogan we are talking about!

As for Austin, the smart thing to do would be to wait till after mania to brin hm back. business is always down after that and he would provide a shot in the arm to storylines. BTW in case anyone is wondering, the RAW 10th Aniversary special is airing here on Sky Sports 1 after RAW on friday. I think that is when Austin is likely to return! How can you have a lok at best of Raw without Stone-Cold?

Phelim

Actually, the original plan for Foley was that he was a child prodigy piano player and had his mother slam the tolp down on his hands and send him to live with rats in the sewer. However Kevin Sullivan had a chartacter very like the one jones is set to play in mind for foley in his early WCW days.

Not being a jerk btw, just providing information.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

can't see austin going back to raw

if anything smackdown would be his bag

esp since HHH has taken over the 'main man' slot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Stone Cold,Rhyno,Nash,Undertaker,Jones,Mark Henry all to appear "surprisingly" in a Rumble to be won by Brock Lesnar who overcomes the odds even after a Big Show interference.

Lesnar Then goes on to meet Angle at Wrestlemania in the best match of the year.

Some of the returning stars will have to go to Raw, they are badly needed at least Nash and Rhyno maybe someone else to like mark henry get traded for stone cold who was originaly Raw

Sure will be cool to see the dead man again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

He's not coming back as the deadman :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Yeah, I heard that....
    Looks like he will come back as a heel, they are thinking of a story rivalry with Jones.... That will be poop IMO, I really think WWE need to wake up and see big men are in the past and the new future of WWE and all wrestling is the crusier weights. Look at CZW, i was just watching a video of Best of the best 2002 there, they are the best wrestlers ever, The X-division in TNA-NWA is driving people crazy,its considdered more important the the origional TNA title already. Look who is head lining the The X title matches, Jerry Lynn, AJ STyles and the Amazing Red.
    ROH and even XPW are using Crusier weights to their full potential. Plus rumors (take this with a pinch of salt) WWE are signing some stars, they are being very cloak and dagger about it, but it looks like soem more luchadores are on their way this year...
    Hanza

I can’t honestly see Nash return any time soon, that’s a serious injury he sustained-it’ll be a long time until we see him fit and healthy in the ring again. I can’t imagine Stone Cold coming back at the Rumble (I hope i’m wrong), but I feel they would have had him on RAW X (which sucked from what I hear) to pop a rating and increase Rumble buyrates (remember last year they announced that Mr. P, Godfather and Val would be at the RR on Smackdown to increase buy rates?).

Also on the Undertaker situation, it looks like it’ll be the same old biker character judging by the video’s. Terry Taylor had a sweet idea of having Brock “kill” Biker ‘Taker at Hell In A Cell and hang him from the cage by his feet to end the show; thereby giving Mr Calloway some time off and to return as Ministry Taker at the RR. Sounds like a sweet plan to me, but was disregarded.

Anyone have news on Eddy’s injury btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i noticed today that Sunday Night Heat is on live at midnight on Sky Sports 1 before the Royal Rumble

Advertisement