Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LanParty

Options
  • 21-07-2000 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

You guys up for a LAN party? Playing some Diablo2, Counterstrike and everything that is LAN related.
    Or do you know of any LAN party already?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's one happening soon enough - check through some of the older posts and you'll see details...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭OmiOmi

kewl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

I have the details here;

Countercon

A Multi-player Computer Games Mini-Convention

From
    12th to 13th of August
    At
    The Marino Institute of Education
    Griffith Avenue
    Marino
    Dublin 3

What is Counter –Con?

Counter-Con is a multi-player computer games mini-convention, or in simpler terms, it’s a LAN Party! Two days of non-stop action with a few tournaments thrown in for good measure.

When is it?

12th and 13th of August from 9am in the morning till 9pm on Saturday and 6pm on Sunday. Or, that’s what they have told us…….it might just run longer.

Where is it?

The Marino Institute of Education which is just off the Griffith Avenue in Marino. I’ll let them speak for themselves:
    “We offer a selection of well-equipped rooms, suitable for conferences, training, seminars and interviews. We have 14 conference rooms varying in capacity and style. Every room overlooks the beautiful gardens and grounds of the Institute and every event is fully supported by our staff to ensure that the event runs smoothly “

What’ll it cost?

Simple, £15 for the week-end or £10 per day. After that it’s just food money. All games and competitions are free to enter, just put your name down with the Front Desk Staff.

What will be running?

You name it, we’ll run it. Quake (I,II & III), Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Diablo, Diablo II, C&C (all of them), Age of Empires & Age of Kings, Starcraft, Total Annihilation, South Park Rally, Half Life and, of course, Half Life: Counter-Strike. In fact, we’ll run anything...just make sure you bring the CD.

Tournaments?

Yes, 3 of them. Simplest one is an Unreal Tournament Deathmatch, either Last Man Standing or to X amount of Frags. More complex will be Quake II CTF and Half Life Counter-Strike. Both games will have teams of 5 and will be run on a knockout basis. Quake II will be to X amount of points and Counter-Strike will be the best of X games. X’es to be decided when we see how many entrants there are. All tournaments are on a first come, first serve basis. Register with the Front Desk Staff.

What will I need?

A computer with a netcard that is capable of playing MP games (at least a P166 with a 4Meg Graphics Card). Also, if you have your own Hub and/or Multi-Socket Extension Cable then please bring them.

How do I book

Fill out the form on this flyer and send it too the address stated, or email us on prebookcc@eircom.net. All prebooks must pay on or before the 11th of August.

Security, Food & Accomadation.

The rooms will be locked when we aren’t there and there is a resident staff to look after the place. Food is availible on site from 2 dining rooms or a couple of vending machines. One of the Dining Rooms is self-service and pretty cheap. Accomadation is availible on site at £18 per night for Bed and Continental Breakfast or £22 for Bed and Full Irish Breakfast. Accomadation is in Single, Twin or Triple Rooms. Rooms are avalible through pre-booking only.

So, who’s behind this?

Three guys with nothing better to do. Contact anyone of us for more information, preebookings etc or mail infocc@eircom.net.

Adam Sullivan
    (01)8553601 or (087)2027033

Patrick Maher
    (01)8678103 or (087)6494891

Dara Robinson
    (01)8553601 or (087)6531355

Directions?

From Town: Leave town by Aimens St./North Strand. Turn Left at Fairview to the Malahide Road. Take a left at the next set of lights, then a right at he next set of lights and its up there on your right.
    From the Motorway(M1): Follow the Motorway to the end and in towards town. Take a left at the next set of lights past the Regency Hotel. Turn Left at Charlemont Estate (2nd or 3rd set of Lights) and it’s up there on your right.
    By Bus: Either get a bus that goes out the Malahide Rd. (27, 27B, 42, 42B, 43), get off at the corner of Griffith Ave. and the Mahide Rd. walk down Griffith Avenue and turn right at the next set of lights and its up there on your right or get the 123, get off at Charlemont Estate. Walk back to the Estate and Enter it and its up on your right.

Jamie www.irishplayer.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

So who's Going then ?

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

Advertisement