Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P4 Power supply issues

• 08-01-2003 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Just put my pc together and every thing seemed fine until i installed a prog called hardware doctor that came bundeled with my Abit Motherboard. It keeps warning me that my "3.3V input exceeds the limit". But the voltage it displays is actually less than 3.3V.

Looking at the specs of my psu ,I saw that the voltages reguired for a P4 are provided but the Currents are higher than those required by P4.

Anybody know anything about this?
    Any help appreciated.
    Wavey

P4 2.0
    80Gb+30Gb Hd
    Cd RW
    GeForce 4 64Mb Ti4200
    512 ddram
    Abit MotherBoard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

hardware doctor is setup with tolerances that are too strict for real world situations. Its ok for your 3.3v line to be within +- 5% of 3.3v. On a p4 machine, the cpu does not take power from this line anyway, so its not as crucial as on an athlon machine. You can alter the high and low limits to avoid the alarms. If your machine is stable, theres nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Cheers Gerry,
    Thought I miht be deep frying my chips there for a wee while!

Advertisement