Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered E-mails.

• 08-01-2003 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

You know those e-mails some people send in outlook express which sends a auto reply once you've opened it.

Is it possible to send them to hotmail and yahoo accounts ?

I want to sort out my mailing list to get rid of dead accounts, anyone know if there is a better way ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Hullo,

The return receipt is a header that can be added to any email (i.e. its not just an outlook express thing).

The header is in the form

Return-Receipt-To: <email Address>

It depends on the client that receives the mail wether this return receipt is honored or not, most clients actually ask you if you would like to send the receipt or not (oops I didnt get _THAT_ mail etc ;) ).

That said Ive no idea whether yahoo or hotmail do this or not, why not make an account and try it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

You can also use MSGTAG . As soon as the recipitent receives the e-mail you will be e-mailed back saying they have received your e-mail. It also works with Hotmail and Yahoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Does that not just mean they received it? Not neccessiliarly opened it, or does it send the receipt thingy only after opening the mail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

No it means they have opened the e-mail and not just received it but opened it. It sends the receipt after they have opened the e-mail.

Advertisement