Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duff For Team Of The Year

• 08-01-2003 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Damien Duff is up for the Uefa Team of the year.
    If you want to see Duffer get best left sided midfielfer of the year go to www.uefa.com and click the TEAM OF THE YEAR link. Click on Left Sided Midfield and select Damien Duff.

Simple See....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

The man deserves it, he's pure magic! Everyone vote for Duffer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Team of the year I voted for

Oliver Khan

Cafu
    Nesta
    Ayala
    Ashley Cole

Scheider
    Ballack
    Zidane
    Duff

Van Nistlerooy
    Henry

Coach Klaus Toppmoller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Where exactly is the team of the year link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

yep found it im blind :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I'd love to see Duffer get left winger of the year.. he's a class player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Typical,

A player up for best Left winger in Europe. So where do we stick em? Anywhere but left wing. And just to rub things in, we'll put probably the worst left winger in the premiership in his place.

Go Team Ireland!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

just voted .... and got rest of office to vote too

go wan the duffman :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ashley Cole :confused:

Doesnt some brazilian with a Champ league medal and a world cup medal play their also and not try to get players sent off every week ??

Cole isnt that good imo ,fast and gets forward well but as a defender he isnt very useful.

KdjaC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think Roberto Carlos is overrated. Don't get me wrong I think he is a good player. He is excellent going forward, but defensively he can be a bit suspect. I know what he has won this year, but at the end of the day he is a defender, and I think Ashley Cole defends better, and he aint bad at going forward. I know what you mean about him trying to get other player sent off and I agree with you, but I am kind of sick of hearing about Roberto Carlos' brilliance, and my final choice was definitely down to the two of them. In fairness to Cole, it should be taken into account it was his first full season and he kept Van Bronhorst on the bench or out of position as a left winger. Not bad for a kid so I gave him my vote!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa

I went for Malidini ahead of Cole or Roberto Carlos. I think he's been superb this year at the actual business of defending, and I'm the old fashioned sort who thinks that that should be a defender's primary responsibility...

My team, for the record:

Kahn
    Maldini
    Lucio
    Hyypia
    Thuram
    Joaquin
    Baraja
    Aimar (I wanted to vote for Valeron here, but they put him at left midfield)
    Duff
    Raul
    Inzaghi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

My vote certainly goes for duffer! most definately best l winger! makes me proud he does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

My team of the year!!

1.Kahn

2.Cafú
    3.Roberto Carlos
    4.Nesta
    5.Cannavaro

6.Ballack
    7.Ronaldinho
    8.Zidane
    11. Duff

9.Ronaldo
    10.Henry

Coach: Vincente Del Bosque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hehe now thats what this thread needed.

A good 'oul troll,

Jesternuts, i would just like to respond by saying you have a face like a pizza, so instead of slagging the duffer, why dont you burst a few blackheads?

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Duff won!

The Team of the year is.....

Coach : Senol Gunes

GK : Rustu Recber (Thought Kahn Would Get It)

Right Back : Carlos Puyol
    Centre Back : Nesta
    Centre Back : Christian Chivu (came second)
    Left Back : Ian Harte (Just Kidding) Roberto Carlos
    Right Midfield : Seedorf
    Centre Midfield : Ballack
    Attacking Midfield : Zidane
    Left Midfield : Duffer!
    Forward : Henry
    Forward : Ronaldo (came second)

**edit**
    Added in a second centre back and forward.

What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippy Brady

How the hell has Seedorf made it? I'm surprised that Recber got there instead of Kahn also. Anyway, congratulations to Duff, he deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I think that you are missing Ronaldo from the front line to make up an eleven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Interesting how Duff and Henry were only Premiership players in the final team .... does not say much for the FA Premier being the "best" league in the world .........

Duff owes us all a pint :)

Advertisement