Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yowsa!

Options
  • 08-01-2003 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

I'm not usually a motorbike person but this beast has got an 8.3 litre engine.
    0-60 mph in 2.5 secs!!! i mean come on.
    03A5I001816848A.jpeg
    twas unveiled at the 2003 NAIAS motorshow of late.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

There's a cool picture of it at the show on msn.com. Tis pretty frickin mean!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Apperently it's the engine from the Dodge Viper, fitted to a bastardised bike frame, and given a seat.

The manufacturers have calculated that it will do 400 MPH, but they haven't tested it:D :D

BTW my sorce here isThe Star, so that could all be sub-journolistic toss. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Panda: 0-60 mph in 2.5 secs!!!

Most modern sports-bikes will make close to those kind of stats...
    A 0-60 in 2.8 secs bike would cost you about €16K...

e.g.:
    Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
    Top Speed : 190.3 mph
    Standing quarter : 10.3 sec @ 143.9 mph
    0-60 mph : 2.8 sec
    0-100 mph : 5.3 sec

Of course, Insurance, training, Speeding fines, safety clothing, tyres etc. would cost you a whole bunch more...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Anyone else slightly reminded of Judge Dredd's Lawmaster. Savage wheels.

I wants one. My precccciousssssssss.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

*ooooooooooooh*

/me goes off to get some clean pants

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The feeling of air and debris flying past you at 400mph would be interesting experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by Borzoi

The manufacturers have calculated that it will do 400 MPH, but they haven't tested it:D

so who would give it a go to reach 400, i like to think i would anyhew :D prob quit around 200 tho, or would I hmmmmmmm...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Gideon
    so who would give it a go to reach 400, i like to think i would anyhew :D prob quit around 200 tho, or would I hmmmmmmm...

Seeing as the "bike" has no fairing, I doubt one would get near 400MPH before being dragged off by the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

yea I just about to say that...apparently it's hard to stay on a 'busa after 150

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Krusty_clown: Maybe so but try and lay down that torque without frying the back wheel on the spot? In a world of infinite grip it'd probably be a whole lot quicker. Although if a drag-bike tire and one of those arrestor wheel to stop it flipp' over it'd be seriously fast.
    And about the wind? the rider would more than likely be strapped to the bars as is the case in most stupidly fast machines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement