Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED:Laptop cable OR Help

• 08-01-2003 5:02pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok Ive a Compaq Presario 1805 laptop that "DIY UPGRADES R US" decided to upgrade themselves.Upgrade the cd rom drive to a dvd drive that is.But since this person hadnt a clue how to open the afore mentioned machine they pulled out the old drive using a pliers and a screwdriver and then connected up the new drive and basically rammed it back into place using brute force.And tore the cable going from the system board to the drive in the process.Im looking for this cable and/or a way to repair the cable or else someone who can locate the cable for me.The cable is not proprietry(Spelling)as told by Compaq.Its a generic cable and should be found on any make of laptop.The cable kit from Compaq is something like €150 and tbh the laptop is nt worth that.
    And before anyone mentions the wanted ads-Ive already posted there to no avail.So someone PLEASE help.
    Thanks
    Richie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

I've some parts at home - if you could perhaps take a pick of the cable i'll see if it matches

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thanks very much.Where are you located????Ill bring in the cable with me tomorrow if I can or else maybe Ill take a pic of it and let you check it out that way.
    Richie

Advertisement