Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web design coarses

Options
  • 08-01-2003 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

hey does any on here know good places to study for web design,
    and amy coarses that theach you xml and java and all that stuff or is it best to learn by yourself, from books.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

emm there are a few decent cources in VEC's and private college's but alot of them wont start till new season .. you could have a look at www.nightcourse.com for a list, or try FAS, fas sometimes have cheap ones.

........... on the books side of view
    if you learnt how to design, you could always find a small company and design there site for free (or minimal amount)
    so then if you wanted to become a web-guy you can say 'well I designed this site', alot of companys would prefere this than a course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

If you have 4 year's to spare check out BS in web dev in sligo IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

where abouts are you?

If you are near Dun Laoghaire the Arts and design college (behind the church on main st) does really good ones. I did a small one there and I m8 is there now. Also every time I hear about it or say anything about the place ppl say that it is great or that it has a really good rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Originally posted by teck-x5
    hey does any on here know good places to study for web design,
    and amy coarses that theach you xml and java and all that stuff or is it best to learn by yourself, from books.

What do you want to do.

Java & XML stuff is more web development than Design.
    If you want to get into development then you're best to do a proper degree which teaches you fundamentals of programming.

If you're into design then you're best going to a graphic design course and learn the funamentals of design.

Or you could go do a multimedia degree and learn 1/2 the fundamentals of both and get no job. :/

- Kevin

Advertisement