Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predator vs Delta Force

Options
  • 20-07-2000 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Wouldn't it be really cool if you could either hack (or gain permission)into a Delta force game on line.

the people playing would have no idea that they had someone playing a Predator.It would be so much fun to see the looks on there faces (ok this wouldn't happen) but we can imagine they would be confused and maybe a little frightened as one by one the crack marines are hunted down.

This would bring the surprise element into it because if you know your facing a Predator then you pay more attention and look out for the faint glimmer of their cloak.

Just a thought and I bet the Delta force guys would enjoy it too, providing of course any of them lived long enough to figure it out.

dyin ain't much of a livin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Personally i never liked delta force, but i somehow think putting predators in might make it a tad stupid.
    I know from playing AvP that the pred was so far ahead of all the other species that it made the game a little crap in my opinion.

I still remember my clan tactic for marines, walk around for the first 5 mins of the game smashing lights with pred claws until there was no light left , marines would have to use that gay light increasing thingy , which prevented them from using the motion scanner , they still couldnt see cloaked preds and it was a massacre.

I think cloaking as an option should be kicked cos its never gonna make for a balanced game.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Hey who said life was fair? Though I have to agree after giving each of the classes in AVP a go the best was the Predator.

Not only that but it has to be one of the best creatures ever dreamed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Granted the predator was strong in AvP, as an alien(in multiplayer) many a predator has fallen to my claws as proved by the last montylan.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Was there a LAN game of AvP at the last montylan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Whoever you beat musta sucked, cos the alien is crap personified , bugger all health , no way of getting anymore back if you go on a bad curve and start getting your ass kicked and then you can never 'claw' back.
    They show up the most in the pred vision for them as giant silver things.

No one really plays the game , but basically , a pred spear with kill everything but a pred in one shot ( 1. Preds have more energy )
    Marines plant proximity gay mines and cant run fast enough over them to dodge the splash damage ( 2. Pred runs 1.5 times faster than a marine )
    GAh , they can heal , they start with all weapons, its the most unbalanced game ever made, proven so by me being able to beat koopa who is basically a daddy of fps games, as long as i picked pred :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

delta force 2 roxors
    every now and then we get a game going here in the office. ahhh, best sniper rifle in the business as far as im concerned!
    although it looks naff, it plays bloody brilliant. proof that graphics do not make the game. take it q3a

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think the Alien is the best in AvP, but requires a hell of a lot of skill to use it.

I've seen someone drop from the roof, smack the other player in the head then bounce to the wall then the roof again. So fast that by the time the alien is hiding again the body hasn't even hit the floor. biggrin.gif

The main thing to remember is never run straight at the person and use the walls and roof and remember while you can't take fall damage everyone else can.

Advertisement