Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone - queens of the stone age

Options
  • 08-01-2003 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

This album is probabaly their best and i think it deserves a mention.

Not a bad song on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

because although songs for the deaf is agreat album this one packs alot more in and is more true to their sound.

check out "how to handle a rop" or "reguler john" even "avon"
    i mean the songs should speak for themselves...

1.QOTSA
    2.Rated R ?(close close second)
    3.songs for the deaf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

yeah, i'm not seeing the point either. i could start a thread about how i think some bands earlier album is better than the one people are all praising (you can apply this to any band, but say Pixies' Surfer Rosa over Doolittle), you can even rate them in order (starting with the least known as your favourite, and the best known as your least favourite) but what would be the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

?? yea.... I thought Lord of the Rings 'The two towers' was good too. So I'll just say so and then you'll all know that I think it. Is'nt that great...(?)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

i like the original biscuits thread more than this because all you people are just nit picking now.......

The "man" is entitled to his opinion if you agree that QOTSA's eponomous album is their best then you can post if you disagree then post yer argument otherwise why are you bothering??! i mean i was told a month or two ago that if i didnt like a particular thread or its contents then just to ignore it or not bother posting on it! why dont some other people do the same??!!!

im getting on fine with that arrangment! and i only post when i like! (maybe its the medication talking but i dont have a problem with this kind of thread as its trying to get a conversation started about a particular band one persons opinion about an album) Many people like myself may not have heard this album but the fact that someone rates it higher than the 2 better known albums mite be an insentive to go and check it out.

In short if you have a problem with a thread IGNORE IT!!!!
    otherwise have a nice day!

Love ya!
    Amz
    x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

friend has QOTSA and still i prefer new stuff...dam that grohl drumming!so good

*kinda ignoring what amz said*

no...i prefer deaf songs. also because 40+ deaf ppl turned up to album launch thinking it was a deaf related event...

wonder if the same happened at the dublin electronic arts fest?

nah what i meant was that if you had nothing to contribute to a thread just ignore it and that way it will just float away into "Thread Oblivion" That was a fine contribution though Gar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Muppet Monarchy

I aws unlucky enough to buy this albumn first, and everything they've done since has been a bit of a disappointment. 'Regular John' is their best song, hands down.

"give the mule what he wants"

i love the bass line in that.

plus i think its a shame people like QOTSA becuase of grohl's drumming.

i mean nick oliveri is a great bassist and josh homme is a fantastic songwriter at his best onQOTSA
    and those guitar lines excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I prefer Kyuss.............
    You can check out an early version of one of the songs off the first album on the Kyuss/Queens of the Stoneage split album, back before the band wagon jumping days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

I prefer Kyuss.............

Kyuss were the better band. Didn't release a bad cd. Demon Cleaner is probably one of my favourite ever songs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

tony;always thinking outside the circular box like saw..

see you at the jessies in voodoo?
    (i can remind oyu who everyone is,you drunkard)

"This is a local board for local people we'll have no trouble here!!!"

Get back in yer box Tony!!!!

You're in for it now Tony.....

I'm putting you on my list of enemies......

demon cleaner
    great song. good reccomendation

what is the best album to get first by kyuss

If i were John and John were me then he'd be seven and i'd be three

You're on the list already Raggamuffin so that just promotes you to the top of the table....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

List of Enemies? Pah. I have a Death List! A DEATH LIST!!! Well, me and Ray. I scoff at your "Enemy List", why you're so lucky I don't have you on the list!
    But you're pushing it, pushing it I tells ya! You too Raggamuffin! *evil stare*

Right Shorty thats it yer on the list!!

Those on the list shall suffer a fate far worse than death!!!

Remember im a scientist.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Yeah, Sport Scientist! :p SCAREEE! :p:D

Shuddupa yo mouf!

I'll have you runnin laps before you can say trans polyunsaturate! mister!!!!

I'll test yer VO2 max aswell then we'll see who's a loser!!!!

All those biscuits cant be good for you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Originally posted by Raggamuffin
    demon cleaner
    great song. good reccomendation

what is the best album to get first by kyuss
    Er try "Welcome to Skyvalley" which has Demon Cleaner on it.
    All the albums are good though......

Gar, i wont be at the gig but am meeting the lord for scoops with glam deco and gentleman joe down in brogans......

• Advertisement

I thoought it was Art Deco?

Or is that just his Rock Star name?

I cant remember......

Ok im done.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Picked up Queens of the stone age first album in HMV for a tenner very impressed. Is Kyuss easally advailable?

Advertisement