Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best club in the city for meh 18th?

Options
  • 08-01-2003 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

I hit the big ONE EIGHT pretty soon and decided to hit the city with my mates rather than have my house demolished my drunkards. So which club would you recommend for my tea party?(not booking a club per se, but just looking for a decent night out on my 18th where the women and beer flow like the liffey, green and dirty) A decent respectable.....ish club which more or less guarantees jubilant frolicking. i.e loose women and good music.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

as you're only 18 and you're looking for loose women you could check out The Palace on Wexford Street. I keep hearing that it's full of young women looking for a 'good time'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The Palace is closed, its just the bar underneath.

If your looking for really really lose women then Buskers/boomerang on fleet street. If your looking for top quality women, then Club 92 in leapardstown. If your looking somewhere where youll get in and get drunk with no problems, then Tramco in rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I hear you wouldnt get in to club 92, some regulars crap or such unless of coarse you're a hot bird. >:(

Well fireworks will have all everyone around 18/19 and the girls are pretty hot imo, check it out. Quite pricey tho but free in before 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

club m in templebar-but very pricey

coyote on d'olier st-pricey to, i think the music is a little bit more dance directed than other places

q bar on d'olier st-boucners can be a bit fussy about who they let in. go early. dont go on a thursday.

messrs maguires on...burr quay? i think...one of the quays...around the cover from coyote and q bar anyway..free in and good music, not really much room for dancing but if youre pissed enough u can create you own dance floor

isolde's tower-in temple bar. if u dont get in anywhere else,. free in 2

turks head-parliament st i think, accross the road form isoldes tower. its also free in, AFAIK. good music, ive likes it the few time ive been there. end quite early though, at around 2

spirit-very dancey but good buzz. 20 quid in on the weekends, 5 on student nights....take yer pick. can be a bit of a kip though on student nights, well, the crowd can be a bit kippy

k3-dont go there., im just warning you not to go there

thats all i ahve time for ATM...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i would agree with tramco over in rathmines

copperface jacks is also half decent for some "frolicking" ;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by thedrowner
    turks head-parliament st i think, accross the road form isoldes tower. its also free in, AFAIK. good music, ive likes it the few time ive been there. end quite early though, at around 2

charged me €5 to get in last time i was there, although we went there pretty late on and it was pretty much full at the time, defo know they charge you though

edit = was open till 3 last few times i was there to btw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Being a person who hates pop music of any description, and I've haven't had to go out on the pull in nearly 3 years :p, I frequent some of the less 'rampant scoring let's get absolutely bollocksed and bump into everyone' bars :).

Handels just up beside Christchurch on Fishamble Street, rarely gets too full, and is a nice chilled place to start off your night. Great comfy chairs. A lot of kids though :/

Thomas Reids, under The Oak on Dame St, is a bit of a rock bar, but not a rocker bar. Every time I've been there, it's been absolutely jammed, so you want to be pretty tanked up going in. It's free in though, and plays relatively good tunes all night.

Rí-Rá's, just off George's St, was a good laugh, the one time I was in there, which was midweek, and it was empty enough to be comfortable. If there's a theme night on, don't go, it gets jammed.

No. 4 Dame Lane, on Dame Lane (strangely enough) is nice and comfy midweek, but gets a bit jammed at the weekend. Music is ok, but some nights they play experimental dancy crap.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I usually tend to avoid the city like the plague for pizz ups mainly because its a bitch and costly to get home from and the amount of skangers who try "an ave a go" when they see you are in a group.

As some mentioned about i.d, thats no problem i look about 20th and havent been asked for i.d once in my life, due to me being a lanky bastard. I'm just looking for a place were we are assured of a good time, money shant really be an obstruction because i'll probably be raking it in and i'll be due free drinks what with it being my big day et al. So a place with reasonably priced drinks, good looking women who aren't necessarily going to be the next marie curie but look good and are cough*loose* and cEzurs posse r in da hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i was in sosume last night
    nice place, lots of seats, no dancing though (not when i was there anyway) free in. strict on the oul id though

big chief-sorry....the few times ive been there its been weekedays so they probably finished earlier then and have free entry then.

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    and the amount of skangers who try "an ave a go" when they see you are in a group.

ive never had this problem before, although i rarely drink in north side of city :p, just depends on the bar's you goto i suppose
    good looking women who aren't necessarily going to be the next marie curie but look good and are cough*loose* and cEzurs posse r in da hood.

copperface jack's on harcourt street ;)

drowner = no need to be sorry ;), only been there a few times myself and i think it was always on weekends, just thought i would point it out as i was gonna recommend it myself :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement