Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky sports on scrambled t.v upstairs from go digital package downstairs, how?

• 08-01-2003 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

I have sky sports1, 2 and 3 downstairs on my Go Digital package but anytime a decent match comes on someone else wants to watch Eastenders. So i was wondering if it is possible to get sky sports upstairs on my scrambled t.v for no extra cost or with an adapter connected to the digibox? because i'm paying 23euro on top of the terrestrial and go digital package and i dont see why i should have to hand over anymore cash to John Ntl when i should rightfully receive these upstairs for what i'm paying already.

If not is it possible on sky digital, cheaper even? because all i seem to watch is the sports channels. If i infringed any of the board rules i'm sorry but i'm kind of pissed off with Ntl because of this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

Why can't you banish the eastender loving people upstairs, so you get the comfort downstairs.

Or, you could move the digital upstairs, lot of work, esp when the signal may not be strong enough upstairs to take also is the cable box a new box.

The only other way that you will get sports on another tv is to get another decoder or set top box. and yes, sadly that does mean more money to ntl. but what price is your comfort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I'm too lazy to carry it back and forth, besides my family are like The Corleone Family once they speak its done with and they out number me by 4 to 1 and they too watch the other digital channels. So its impossible to locomote them off of their fat arses to the a tv upstairs as they are quite partial to the plasma wide screen which makes liverpool look good despite their current form.
    Also if i managed to get it upstairs i could bring my mates around and avoid intrusiveness of my whole family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Dont quite get the question, but if i'm reading it right, you could make them watch Eastenders on analouge NTL (but it won't be widescreen) and use an av relay like "AEI Digisender" from Argos to feed the output of the NTL Digibox to your upstairs tele. Not ideal, but a workaround.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yes, making them watch EastEnders via analogue would seem the ideal and legal solution.

Before anyone else posts a comment I would like to remind them of the board rules:

DON'T discuss hacking systems.

Thank you for your attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Lidl even had the Argos €127 video senders for €49.95

I have a Thompson set about same price (Savins Limerick ). They give true stereo and the video is as good as a SCART connection.

They are pre-licenced, unlike old illegal mono UHF video senders based on a VHS modulator.

They have a reverse wireless channel for your remote too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement