Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slot-T

• 08-01-2003 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Anyone here have a Slot-T converter? Is it any good and where did you get it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

No, not a slot-t converter, but I did have a slocket (from Abit), which did exactly the same thing. I can't remember where I got it 'cos it was quite a while ago, but is of course useful if you want to use socket 370 processors in a slot A motherboard.

I'd say your best bet is to try to pick one up second hand. Try putting out a query on the buy/sell forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Gyck
    but is of course useful if you want to use socket 370 processors in a slot A motherboard.

Slot1 = intel
    Socket370/4xx = intel

SlotA = AMD
    SocketA = AMD

Ooop, thanks for the correction, I must have been a tad sleepy last night to get that wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I tried the powerleap mod to get a tualatin working with a normal slotket a long time ago. Could never get it working, so stuck with my existing chip. Am now considering a powerleap or equivalent, so if you find anywhere selling them cheap jimmy let us know.

( btw gyck, ordinary slotkets won't run a tualatin p3 ).

So, are those slot t adapters backwards compatable with pre Tualatin-core cpus? (I see on the site they don't support older celerons)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

By a process of elimination, that means that they support fc-pga p3 and celeron chips.

Sorry to be asking so many stupid questions, this is my last!

Does anyone know of a similar device for socket 370 motherboards to enable support for Tualatin processors using the Apollo Pro 133a chipset? I see from the Powerleap site that their solution will only support Intel chipsets.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Gyck, Upgradeware do a number of these kind of products. Check out their others here .

Jimmy...

Ta!

Advertisement