Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your XP1800+ Thoroughbred OC,s

Options
  • 09-01-2003 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello

I have
    XP1800+ Thoroughbred @ 1.84GHz
    256MB Corsair XMS3200 DDR
    Gainward Geforce4 Ti4200 64MB @ 330-600

Wht the highest you got you XP 1800+ T-bred and what heatsink Fan are you using.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Have mine at 1671.
    According to Baz I can go to 1700 easily.

What way have you it setup?

Using Glacial Tech 2600+ Fan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Abit kd7-RAID
    Samsung pc2700 RAM
    Glacial Tech 2320 Igloo HSF(xp2100+)

Ive gotten higher but this is the most stable and cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Landseer22

Erm as far as i can remember its setup 176FSB x 10.5 multiplier.
    This is realy a great CPU!
    I am also getting a new HSF aswell, CAK4-88T so i might be able to get a bit higher.
    I had it at 1936MHz but it crashed on Sisoft Sandra.

Any other scores?

I was using an Igloo 2320 and i could get well over 1800MHz.
    Are you using Arctic Silver 2 or 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I heard you can oc the 1800+ thoroughbreds very stabley and if you have an MSI board you can test different speeds because it has the thermal protection.
    Btw Landseer did you unlock the multiplier or just up the fsb? I'd recommend unlocking the chip as you can only up the fsb so far until your pci devices start failing, but if you have some of the newer boards (nforce2) i believe you can unlock the chip with modification

• Advertisement

:D Nearly right.
    If you purchase a mainboard with the KT400 chipset It automaticaly unlocks the chip for you.
    No modification needed.
    I have the Abit KD7 so i just pop it ito the Slot and i can overclock until my eyes pop out. :)
    With this new Heatsink im getting i rekon i can get my system to run at 200FSB x 9.5 - 10 multiplier.
    that will give me some serious performance in games as with the DDR 400 i have running at 400MHz there will be massive bandwidth available.

You see on an XP1800+ Tbred the L1 bridges are not Cut, so you can just get a KT400 mainboard and no mods are needed.

Also on the new KT400 boards your PCI Devices are safe. As soon as you set your FSB at 166MHz, The 5.2.1 FSB,AGP,PCI divider kicks in defaulting all of your PCI and AGP divices back to default 33MHz or whatever!
    How cool is that huh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

just wondering if i was to go a hsf that could do up to a xp 2600 would that cool my xp 2100 cooler then another type ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

elexes you're better off going to the manufacturers website and checking the airflow rate
    the xp2600 thing just means the fan is sufficient to cool an xp2600 but it could operate at the same temperature as an xp2100.

What about core voltage?

Ive mine at 1.575 and it seems to be fine.

Chip Default is 1.5 according to the BIOS.

Speaking of KT400, I have one on those.
    I noticed i could change from 11.5x To 12X and 12.5X.
    12.5X made my system very unstable though, so I just stuck with upping the FSB.

When I set it to 166, the system fails to boot. Anyone know why this is happening?

I thought I hould be able to, or is It something
    to do with the A and B types of thoroughbred CPU's

• Advertisement

ye there is one type that is better then the other .. but it starts at the xp 2400 as far as i know ill dubble chk this but almost certian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

A conservative 1.61GHz, haven't really tried to push it much further tbh.

170Mhz FSB 10X multiplier. 5:3:1 Ratio, VCore 1.6

A very very stable (UT2K3, 3D Mark 2001 SE, Quake3, Unreal Etc.) 1700mhz

I tried that 142 Fsb and 12x multiplier combination and it didnt work, crashed on all the above games.

Ryo Hazuki. To get the FSB up past 166MHz Turn off CPU fast command Decode.

Sorted :)

Some nice overclocks here, but are they stable!

What software are yee using to determine the stability of the system.

Im using 30 mins of quake 3 and photoshop rendering.

Machine crashed when using FSB - 170 and a Muli of 10

At the moment im using
    FSB - 166
    Multi - 10x

Which gives 1.66ghz
    using the 5:2:1 divider which leaves the correct pci(33mhz) and agp(66mhz) frequencies.

Yeah i know you can go more than that, but using a agp clock of more than 66, doesnt sit well when i overclock my gfx card as well

Oh and highest temp ive gottten so far is system: 46, CPU 44

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I would recommend using prime 95' torture test to check for stability. I was using sandra's burn in wizard and looping 3D Mark to check for stability ,they didn't crash but prime did after about 10 minutes.

As I said lots and lots of UT2003, Quake and 3D Mark and some DIVX + MP3 Conversion. basically anything Hard on the CPU.

Its very very stable. I havent had a single crash since then.

Prime 95? Ill check that out.
    Machine crashed when using FSB - 170 and a Muli of 10

What about vcore? Mine is at 1.6 That might help.

One question, What should the comp do when you set a multi thats locked out by the chip?

okies im using pc2700 ram, that explains the max fsb of 166(2x = 333).

Yeah once the fsb went up, i upped the vcore to 1.6.

A mates getting some pc3200 ram, so i`ll check what he can clock it to.

Sandra crashes all too easy on fsb overclocking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

This is prob a stupid question but u guys have xp 1800+ and are getting higher clock speeds than me, iv got an 2000+ .In the bios i have these options set to give me 1.75 ghz.The cpu default is 1.66 ghz.

cpu operation speed - user define

multaplier factor - x13

cpu/fsb pci clock - 140/35

cpu fsb plus ( mhz) - 0

speed error hold - disabled

How are u gettin fsb of 142/166 - would i add 2 ( mhz ) to the cpu fsb plus ? Ps. iv got an Abit kt7a

THX in advance, COMBATCOW

k so messing around with my xp 2100 and i cant seem to get it past 1820 stable ...

im looking for what i could be doin wrong

ratio 4 2 1
    fsb 140
    x10
    enhanced for benchmark disabled

power supply is on default
    cpu core v 1.75
    ddr 2.55

cpu fast command decode is at normal

is it jus the cpu is at its limit . or should i mess with the power voltages to get it up ? what could i get from it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Just wondering..

What's the AMD XP 1700+ (OEM) CPU like for overclocking?

Cheers lads.

Elexes what type of 2100 is it. I got mine i put it to 1.725 and it runs at 1950 (150 * 13) but i have a device which doesn't like high fsb's and it crases if i go over 150 fsb.I plan to get a good mobo to test out this chip.
    Mine is a aiuhb 0303

im not sure i got it from komplett a while back ill have a look and post back its kinda annoying i think it could be the graphics card not liking the high fsb tho

tis a AMD Athlon XP2100+ 1.733 GHz 266 MHz bus
    Socket A (Palomino) Processor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

I have a TB 1800 AMD with two TwinMOS PC3200 DDR-DIMM 256MB w/Winbond all running on my abit NF7-S MOBO.
    I had it running at ´10*170 Mhz rock stable, but then i have to set a low CPU FSB/DRAM ratio to get it running, something like 5/4.
    When i choose other settings the Ram speed increases but my pc will not boot.
    Can anyone tell me what ratio i should aim for and why there is a 3/3, 4/4, 5/5 and 6/6 ratio what is the difference no idea what these numbers really mean.?
    I was hoping that even with overclocking i could still keep my 400 Mhz ram speed or close for optimal bandwith.
    Please help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by elexes
    tis a AMD Athlon XP2100+ 1.733 GHz 266 MHz bus
    Socket A (Palomino) Processor

Thats your problem elexes. The lads here are using thoroughbred b chips. Komplett only started selling them recently. The Palomino chips just don't cut it as far as overclocking goes.

Nitrox keep your RAM in sync with your fsb .If you have both your RAM and fsb at 170 it will be better than RAM at 200 and your fsb at 170.
    It is quicker to keep them in sync with the nforce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Originally posted by BabyEater
    Nitrox keep your RAM in sync with your fsb .If you have both your RAM and fsb at 170 it will be better than RAM at 200 and your fsb at 170.
    It is quicker to keep them in sync with the nforce.

Wont the huge difference in Mhz from 170 to 400 have a huge loss in Bandwith.
    Also will the Ram in fact be running 2*170 mhz or how does it work?
    Still i do not understand what the Ratios do and why you have some with the same result, 1.
    Thanks for the first bit though, i still have a long way to go i think.

a well feck it anyways

• Advertisement
Advertisement