Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you take a bath or shower?

Options
  • 09-01-2003 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

How often do you take a bath or shower?

How often do you take a bath or shower? 166 votes

Once a year
    0% 0 votes
    Once a month
    3% 6 votes
    Once a week
    1% 2 votes
    Every couple of days
    7% 12 votes
    Every day
    26% 44 votes
    Twice a day
    55% 92 votes
    Three times a day
    5% 9 votes
    More than three times a day
    0% 0 votes
    I live in the shower!
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

what an odd thing to ask

Daily .... if it means that much to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Darth Homer
    what an odd thing to ask

Agreed!!!

Daily here too. Twice some days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i usually showever every day, if I have college or something, and i wash my hair every 2.3 days.

sometimes though if I'm on holiday from college, and I'm just going to be lazing around the house online or reading, I wont shower for a few days, don't see the point... *I* don't care how I smelll :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

daily ya weirdo
    do you have some sort of water fetish we should know about??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Originally posted by Mordeth
    sometimes though if I'm on holiday from college, and I'm just going to be lazing around the house online or reading, I wont shower for a few days, don't see the point... *I* don't care how I smelll :)

Same as me. Usually daily but sometimes not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Mordeth

yuk! so the rule is NEVER to go round to Mordies gaf after he's been in for a few days, otherwise one could find themselves stuck to his sofa

:) nah, the sofa seems to soak it all up pretty well

I *do* wear clothes like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Every morning I guess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

in the interest of sharing information...

every day...

twice if i am going out that evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

gach lá

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Originally posted by Bard
    Agreed!!!

Daily here too. Twice some days.

I know. It's not like I like asking this question. It's not something I would ask anyone to their faces, except of a good friend and I would ask them out of concern.

What prompt this query was when I went to pay for petrol yesterday. The young fella (late teens early twenties I reckon) behind the counter stank the place out (not naming the particular Texaco station on the old airport road). I couldn't get out of there fast enough after paying - it was really unpleasant.
    This place also has a sandwich counter, but would you buy your lunch from this guy? I also noticed while I was in the shop that he was reading the jobs page from the Evening Herald - he must be wondering why he keeps losing his job and not being able to find another?

A friend of mine smelt like that for a while in college. He said he heard from someone that if you don't wash for a couple of weeks, or months, your body and hair will clean itself! Well he tried it for 6 weeks - and we were sharing a bed-sit at the time - and of course it didn't work! He looked dirty and smelt like death.

So if you're someone who only washes once a month, have some consideration for others and wash regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That not washing your body thing is true apparently but you'll need to not wash for about 2 or 3 months believe it or not! The smell apparently gets so boke-inducingly bad (until the self cleaning point) people generally don't get that far.

Some people have genuine problems that make BO happen - gland problems, constipation... But a lot of people don't actually know they have it so you would be doing them a favour by telling them "YOU STINK!"

/me double checks underarm smell and does the obligatory Mr. Bean fish gulp to check for my breath...

afaik the hair will clean itself after a while, not sure how long though

your body and sweat however.. won't :)

you really should have kicked his ass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i work with a guy who had dreads and doesnt/cant wash his hair, and its not so bad. yeah some people do have a stinky smell of sweat that never seems to go away. i dont think id be able to say anything to these people though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Daily for me as I workout most days and get all sweaty. Sumtimes I miss a day but have a shower in the morning and usually I have a workout in the evening so one in the evening aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Twice most days actually, once in the morning and once after swim/surf/workout/before meeting the bird (to get extra clean :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Everyday.... but more frequently if I can get away with it.

Jeez, tell me there aren't people out there who shower < once per day.

I can't believe I even dignified this thread with a response.
    /shame on me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

daily, can't go out anywhere without showering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

daily, sometimes more...
    does anyone not in fairness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Once a day, tho rarely more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

When the Binmen tell me i stink!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Once a day, or whenever I need to, depends on the circumstances, if I am on holiday in a hot climate it could be anywhere between 3 & 6 times a day.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

daily for me,
    if I did'ent, I'd feel like crap for the rest of the day
    just look I gota bed,
    Mainly it wakes me up, whihc is always good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I try to shower everyday..but im very lazy and I dont shower till im leaving the house. So if I dont go out on a weekend day then no shower for me.

but In fairness even my farts smell like roses.

but I am concerened that im a but Queer cause I wont have bath unless I have my favourite music on and one of those musle rexaling "bath bombs"...bit of a girl arent I !!!

AND BESIDES.....LYNX can cover up a day or two of non showering !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

never have understood that lynx business......why wash off all yer manly muskiness...just so you can spray it on again?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

On a slightly related note, I just saw this on Yahoo! News :D
    City Bans Smelly People From Buses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

ah you see... its like when people decorate their house and
    paint on an exposed wall look.

Its only an illusion ...the Lynx stuff is usually more acceptable than a day of arm pit festering sweat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Once a day, sometimes twice if I've been doing something strenuous like horse-riding or a lot of cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

again, once a day.
    If i have a busy day or two (being out on the tear/at peoples' houses etc.) I might not get a chance of a shower for maybe a day and a half/2 days.
    I hate taht though, feeling all stink.
    Usually try and clean myself up somehow.

Another question:

Do you wear the same T-shirt next to your skin for several days in a row?

Lads: boxers?

I've heard some people do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Every day.

There's one guy I work with that has old man smell. He wears the same clothes everyday and it's quite nasty.

As for t-shirts and boxers well I change them everyday, sometimes more than once a day.

Advertisement