Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using american hardware

Options
  • 09-01-2003 1:41pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey.I'm just wonderin if there are any problems with buying hardware from America to use here in Ireland.I'm buying a dvd burner of ebay and I just want to be sure it'll actually work before I go through with it.

Thanks for your time.

Dregin
    P.S. not sure if this post is on the right board.If not please move it to the appropriate place.cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭mackanz

There are no problems at all using american stuff for a pc.
    The only difference is if you buy a Powersupply, the switch at the back of it is probably set to 110V instead of 220V that we use here. Just flip it to 220V BEFORE plugging it into the mainboard.

Mac

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

thanks man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

and the fact that it can be stoped by customs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

I bought an mp3 player off ebay.com and I didnt have any problems with customs. I think you run into problems if the value of the unit exceeds a certain value. Laptops and the like.

Is the burner a buy it now auction type thing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

yeah.
    I'm not sure what one I'm gonna get yet.Most likely a Pioneer DVR-A05.There are a few goin from 200-250 US dollars.

Dregin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Has any one every tried to buy graphics cards from the US. I was thinking of getting a ati 9700 and was wondering if it would work in my system. But from what you guys say i should have no bother so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭mackanz

Everything in a pc, except maybe for the monitor is the EXACT the same stuff as here. It´s being fed the same voltage and all.

Half my pc is from the states, i sold a bunch of cheap 9700 here on boards a while ago. Be careful with customs though, try to have it sent by company mail (From a company to a company) and you should be allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Originally posted by dregin-x
    yeah.
    I'm not sure what one I'm gonna get yet.Most likely a Pioneer DVR-A05.There are a few goin from 200-250 US dollars.

Dregin

yeah man, that drive got sack ;)

dallas rules tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

i broght a modem home a couple of years ago, workd fine with not messin around. plug it in and go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement