Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to Open MG software

• 09-01-2003 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I got hold of a Sony Net MD player @ xmas but the Open MG software is really buggy.

Are there any alternative apps that will let me transfer CDs onto the hard drive and then on to an MD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I hate using the software but haven't found anything to replace it yet. For some reason, it doesn't like encoding some mp3s into ATRAC format, and I end up with a MiniDisc with a pile of blank songs in the middle. Annoying when on a four hour bus trip, and the first few are working fine.

Have you tried downloading the latest patch? Have a look at the site (accessible through the software), but look under the memory stick player (can't remember what it's called) for the latest Open MG patch - they don't have it under the Net MD section. Fixed a lot of bugs for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Aladinpain

I did check the site but couldn't see any patches, will check it out tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    I hate using the software but haven't found anything to replace it yet. For some reason, it doesn't like encoding some mp3s into ATRAC format, and I end up with a MiniDisc with a pile of blank songs in the middle. Annoying when on a four hour bus trip, and the first few are working fine.

dun_do_bheal, I had the same problem with MP3s while transferring from PC to MZN1 with OpenMG. At most the problem was with MP3 pro files which are compressed more and smaller. The only way I could get them on MDs was to convert them to Wma and transfer with OpenMg whitout quality loss. I am using the Mp3 converter from XP plus pack and takes only few minutes to convert the files ;)
    Also watch out for the temp directory for the OpenMg , it tends to have a copy of all the mp3s converted which takes a lot of space .:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

I have tried the Nero trick but it is not useful if you want to put the same song in few Mds. And it is a lot of clicking around :D . You have to use it with Simple Burner which is not bundled with Sony's in Europe. But you can find it on the net. Simple Burner is much better than OpenMG when it comes to converting from CD to Atrac and quicker too.

I found one of the OpenMG's annoying feature is, it only allows you to checkout same MP3 only 3 times to MDs. After that it will not let you checkout again :confused: . It's copy protection but if you look at the Access databases where it stores these information you can reset the checkout value ;) If you don't understand the Access databases leave it as it is, as altering it can make OpenMG useless. :rolleyes:

Advertisement